Sign in to follow this  
markjans

FSinn flightplan distorted when using FMC uplink features

Hi everyone,

Using the PMDG 777 with ActiveSkyNext, PFPX and FSinn, I find my flightplan messed up after using one of the uplink features of the FMC.

This is what happens:

KWidE.jpg

I usually prefile the flightplan through the VATSIM prefile webpage (which is why the route shows as EGLLEHAM01 in the image) but if I file the saved flightplan manually through FSinn, the same happens. 

Immideately after connecting to VATSIM, everything looks fine. After inputting the route and using the WIND UPLINK features of the FMC (or even the ALTN airport uplink, for that matter) the route immideately gets distorted.

Anyone has a clue what causes the problem? Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Mark Jansen

the route immideately gets distorted.

What do you mean by this? While I appreciate the FSInn picture, as someone who is concerned with the function of our aircraft, it does me very little good in helping you with your situation regarding our product.

Kyle Rodgers

it does me very little good in helping you with your situation regarding our product.

Kyle,

The problem I encounter -as illustrated in the image- happens specifically on the PMDG 777, after using the FMC uplink features. Is it really a crime to seek for help on the forum of the developer?

I am a loyal customer; it's the first time I've used this forum to seek for help on an issue. I do not wish to be talked to like you did. In case you don't want to help - fine. Just don't reply next time and don't set a negative tone in the subject.

Anyone else has an idea what the issue might be?

Best regards,

Mark Jansen

The problem I encounter -as illustrated in the image- happens specifically on the PMDG 777, after using the FMC uplink features. Is it really a crime to seek for help on the forum of the developer?

I am a loyal customer; it's the first time I've used this forum to seek for help on an issue. I do not wish to be talked to like you did.
In case you don't want to help - fine. Just don't reply next time and don't set a negative tone in the subject.

Mark,

The point in my earlier post was to point out that you had posted a picture of a program that we did not write. We can't really go about fixing issues/oddities with programs other people have written. At first glance, the plan seemed completely normal, though I'm guessing you're noting that there are several airports listed at the beginning of the plan, and not something wrong with our aircraft in particular. When I had first read it, I had assumed you were seeing some sort of issue with something in the plan as displayed by the FMC (or some other software function we had written), which would have required a picture of our software and not someone else's.

Again, this is something we can't "fix" per se, but we can mitigate, given the options in the setup menu. I'm guessing you have the "INCLUDE ALTNS IN PLN" option enabled. If you'd like to remove this from the flight plan, you can disable the feature using the CDU MENU key > PMDG SETUP > SIMULATION (one of the last pages) > INCLUDE ALTNS IN PLAN.

For what it's worth, though, I think the change would only be cosmetic unless FSInn is constantly updating your flight plan on the server without you 'sending' it (which I doubt).

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Thanks for your explanation - apologies accepted although you should definately refrain from writing stuff like "it doesn't do you any good helping a customer out". It comes accross very harsh and impolite.

Let me be more clear on the actual issue. The route string in the FSinn flightplan (PFPX output in ICAO format) always gets overwritten as soon as I use any of the uplink features in the 777. Doesn't matter whether I use the VATSIM prefile webpage or whether I file the flightplan manually by loading the flightplan inside FSinn and click "send to tower". Disabling the AUTO ALTN LIST UPLINK in the aircraft options doesn't seem to help.

The issue doesn't happen on any other aircraft, it's definately related to the 777 uplink feature and that's why I've come to seek help at this place. I was hoping anyone here recognize the issue and/or have a solution.

Thanks in advance!

Mark Jansen

Let me be more clear on the actual issue. The route string in the FSinn flightplan (PFPX output in ICAO format) always gets overwritten as soon as I use any of the uplink features in the 777. Doesn't matter whether I use the VATSIM prefile webpage or whether I file the flightplan manually by loading the flightplan inside FSinn and click "send to tower". Disabling the AUTO ALTN LIST UPLINK in the aircraft options doesn't seem to help.

This means that FSInn is doing something odd, which wouldn't be the first time. It also has a well known weather bug as well.

For what it's worth, using prefile means that you don't need to re-file anything once you get into the sim, so I'd ignore the feature entirely unless you actually need to re-file.

EDIT:

Can you be more specific about the file format you're actually exporting? PMDG format? FSX format? FSInn format? Are you importing the same file into the 777 that you're importing into FSInn?

The issue doesn't happen on any other aircraft, it's definately related to the 777 uplink feature and that's why I've come to seek help at this place. I was hoping anyone here recognize the issue and/or have a solution.

To my knowledge, neither Squawkbox nor vPilot have this issue, and vPilot (unlike the rest) is actively supported/developed, so I'd just switch to that.

Kyle Rodgers