Sign in to follow this  
Riche

Vpilot voice x2 connection

Hi all

I've breifly searched the forums & wasn't able to find anything rgd my issue,

So basically connect to vatsim with vpilot over network with client pc , no problems connecting & seeing & hearing atc & other pilots. But according to the controllers they are seeing me x2 in the voice room, with that when I PTT I can hear my own voice coming back at me?. The controllers say they can only see one of me on radar but also hear the feed back from double voice connections. I did reinstall vpilot on main pc & remote but this still happend. Also made sure the radios didn't have same freq on both. Everything seems too work right apart from the voice thing.

Any help with this would be great & much appreciated.

Cheers

Riche

Just too add , it happens when switching freq ie: I leave say centre to fetch atis then returning too centre there are 2 of me in the voice servers, is it possible its a simconnect issue or net framework one???

Cheers

Riche

Yes but it's my understanding you have vpilot.exe running on client pc & traffic proxy.exe running on fs pc . Not vpilot.exe on both??? .I am Running vpilot over client for resources & viewing.

Cheers

Well that's me stumped then. You're right that the client needs to run vpilot whilst the main PC needs the traffic proxy running. Try connecting using vpilot on your main PC and see if you still get the feedback issue.

Yes that was the next test , it's quiet hard to replicate because you need to have controllers online , & keep keying up or changing freq, but Yep will try again just on main pc, but my bet would be it will work fine (could be wrong) , also hard viewing servinfo voice tab because I'm not sure if it updates correctly , if that makes sense. But from what I'm seeing is that when I leave a channel my voice connection is still left in that voice room & if I return its like another connection there, a controller 2 nights ago also told me there were 3 of me in there, so yeah got me stumped too.

I'm still unable too fix this problem , (I have been discussing this on vpilot forum with developer) .so basically what we think now is happening the data packets that are sent to the voice server that disconnect me from channel don't get there or are very slow. (5mins or so ) then it will disconnect . I have tried removing hubs/switches , even tried neibours internet, reinstalled software etc etc. Anyone else could maybe throw some light on the please.

Cheers

Riche