Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

GB Pro v2 [Preview]

I'm currently working on updating GB Pro with some new features:

• Additional data for farmland & hedgerows (England Only)
  • New method of placing terraced buildings (Instead of large single "lego-brick" facades, buildings are automatically terraced and look more realistic)
  • Additional data for grass, heath, moorland and parks
  • Corine landclass information (For better detection of residential, industrial zones)

Here are a few preview pics showing some of the changes:

Alabeo_R66_1.jpg

Alabeo_R66_2.jpg

Alabeo_R66_3.jpg

Alabeo_R66_4.jpg

Alabeo_R66_5.jpg

Alabeo_R66_6.jpg

Alabeo_R66_7.jpg

Alabeo_R66_8.jpg

Alabeo_R66_9.jpg

Framerates are slightly improved (At least for me) over the last version, as fewer facade buildings are used (i.e. Housing models instead of lego bricks, which perform better). Coverage is also improved, with big improvements in agricultural areas (More hedgerows, tree-lined roads, etc..). The biggest change is the buildings and automatic terracing which visually are a big improvement, but also increases the file-size by around 200mb

I hope to have it available sometime next month (It's a big download and upload), along with some autogen scenery for the Slovakia and the Czech republic.

tony will this still be free or your charging for it?

I honestly would support if you had some small fee because  i think not only it helps you in the long run but also us. This way you can perhaps start a small side job

Outstanding Tony.  Great job.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

tony will this still be free or your charging for it?

It's free (donationware). My only problem is hosting these large files, at around 900mb in size, it's expensive for me to host. If anyone can offer some server space I'd (and I'm sure others) would be more than grateful :-)

It's free (donationware). My only problem is hosting these large files, at around 900mb in size, it's expensive for me to host. If anyone can offer some server space I'd (and I'm sure others) would be more than grateful :-)

Tony ... you might try to do it with flightsim.com ... They host my HD Mesh Scenery v3 etc. too and since a year even have an option to seed with BitTorrent.

And indeed, your work looks fantastic!

My only problem is hosting these large files, at around 900mb in size, it's expensive for me to host.

Looks just awesome, great work. I'll be making my first leap to xp from p3d soon and will gladly donate for this. Have you considered torrenting for distribution? I know is it always associated with piracy but its extremely efficient.

Ah good idea, thanks Andras. I'll contact Dom at flightsim.com and see if they'll host it for me. 

Have you considered torrenting for distribution? I know is it always associated with piracy but its extremely efficient.

Happy to give it a try. My upload speed is really poor, so hopefully once uploaded to somewhere else, someone with better bandwidth could begin seeding to get the ball rolling.

My upload speed is really poor, so hopefully once uploaded to somewhere else, someone with better bandwidth could begin seeding to get the ball rolling.

Great, I'll seed for as long as needed once you upload it, I know I'm only one person but every seed helps. Thanks again, can't wait to get into xplane, p3d is fantastic but I struggle with OOM constantly.

I've tried to get some of the larger files downloaded from Simheaven and more often than not for files over 500MB they fail to complete.  The torrent sources on flightsim.com have worked well for me.  I hope that works for all of us.

Awesome work !!

Awesome work Tony!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Wow, that looks incredible.  Can't wait to try it out!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Hi Tony,

Excellent work again thans.

It's my birthday tomorrow and I couldn't have asked for a better present to myself!

Thanks again Tony

Phil (Matlock UK)