Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2050

REX4 Install to P3d NightMare !

Installing rex4

but the install is always hanging on "updating component registration"

I have to log out or reboot to be able to cancle the install

any tips

Try running the installer as Administrator and see if it still happens.

It sounds like it's hanging up when editing the registry.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

This happened to me when the server was having a problem but not very often 

Rich Sennett

Thanks guys, just had same issue with MT6 , then the  seemly hung install suddenly burst to life and and fully installed.

Got me thinking maybe my rex install did not hang, so checked all my IO in win7 perfmon, turns out while install looked hung.

there were  epic size data gigs being passed from my networked storage where rex zip is stored and C drive on my PC.

Previous to this I used to use USB external HDD and that was more responsive, so installs now have a different attitude on my PC.

Long pauses , then burst to life and end before you get a chance to give proper sigh to the delay.

I hope this is the case, cause rex install still looks hung but tons data moving into pc so, if you know any fat ladies, it aint over till she sings.

Besides that I came to this new p3d install from years of pain, and am fully armed with automated 5T storage  backing up acronis 2015 solution. Meaning I can restore the fabric of space and quantum time in p3d no matter what rex messes up.

My storage algorithm was designed after years of pain from incompatible p3d programs, its second to non.

As far as this  fsx p3d genear is concerned, its not who dares wins, but who packs storage capacity in case you ever have to

FIRE AWAY RESTORE AT WILL!!!!,

I will always  have my storage restore on a joystick fire button as long as captain sim is still making addons,.