Sign in to follow this  
leefree

Prepar3D Believer

Took a gamble and made the switch over to Prepar3D from trying to get FSX to run on my machine which consists of:

GPU: GeForce GTX 650Ti

CPU: AMD Phenom 2 X6 1045T Processor

Memory: 16 GB of Ram

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P Motherboard

Hardrive: Seagate 2TB

I'm getting better frame rates with this simulator as opposed to FSX. Graphic sliders are on medium and its just great. Was wondering if this setup would also do this simulator justice?

AMD FX 8350 4.0 GHz (4.2 GHz Turbo) Eight Core
Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard
8 GB DDR3
500 or 600 Watt Power Supply
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI Support SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card

Same specs as me except Memory & Motherboard. I have a GTX 650TI OC 2GB DDR5

Same specs as me except Memory & Motherboard. I have a GTX 650TI OC 2GB DDR5

Ah how are you faring? :)

Well I think I found part of the problem.........

6 core processor only showing 2 cores running......

http://postimg.org/image/4lrgjapl3/

you need to unlock all of your Cores. All you have to do is click on start, search msconfig.exe and hit enter, then go to the Boot Tab and click on the button below that says Advanced Options, then you should see a checkbox that says  Number of Processors, check that box then click the drop down and select 6 and hit apply and save and reboot:)

Ah how are you faring? :)

Works really well. No Frame Rate issues thats for sure. 

I'm wondering if I just need to buy a more updated graphics card? Right now I have the GTX 640ti but maybe a GTX 780 Ti 2 GB superclocked would help out even more.

A $300 GTX 970 handles P3D with all the shadows on very well. To the point where I can turn all shadows off and the FPS stay the same (showing me that the GPU is not hitting it's limit rendering them). I also max out tessellation, HDR, water, etc. 

When I built my rig, I decided on going with the i7 4790k, and built around it. So far I am completely pleased with it. Paired it up with 2 MSI GTX 970's and it's a beast. If I were to build on the same $2K budget now, the only change would be a single GTX 980Ti.

Basically like the others have said, stick with Intel and Nvidia for P3D. It works better. I was tempted by the lower price point of AMD products, but after enough research I'm glad I went the way I did.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Some of those are not bad options, but you could do better.

The first two things I ask anyone I am helping get a computer is A- Whats your budget, and B- Are you comfortable building it yourself? In raw gaming horsepower you will almost always get more bang for your buck by building rather than buying one that is prebuilt.

Feel free to PM me with your budget and specific needs, and I'll be glad to help where I can.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Man isn't there any intel configurations that doesn't cost over $750? :/

Actually, this isn't too bad. For right now though, I'm gonna use my 650ti until I can get a newer card but for the most part this is very doable. Could cut cost by taking out the tower. I could use the one from my AMD system ;)

Intel Core i74790K
Devil’s Canyon QuadCore
4.0GHz LGA
1150 BX80646I74790K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics

ASUS Z87PRO
LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB
3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Rosewill ARC650,
ARC Series 650W Power Supply, 80 PLUS
Bronze Certified, Single +12V Rail, Intel 4th Gen CPU Ready,
SLI ...

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240Pin
DDR3
SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F31600C9D16GXM

Cooler Master Seidon 120V – Compact AllInOne
CPU Liquid
Water Cooling System with 120mm Radiator and Fan

SAMSUNG DVD WriterSATA Model SH224FB/
BSBE OEM

DIYPC Skyline07G
Black/Green SECC ATX Full Tower
Gaming USB 3.0 Computer Case w/ 7 x 120mm Green fans

I already have a hard drive but this build will cost me $769.93

Now the fun part.....I've never built one before...

Have you ever built a model airplane or put together  a grill. Computers are not hard to build read instructions, you tube and google are your friends.

I have that same processor and it rocks pr3d and on water i can overclock it to 4.8GHz. good luck on your build.

Regards Ted Kiser

I can put a computer together in 15 minutes. It's really not an issue. 

I'm actually excited to do this. Ordered all the stuff from Newegg yesterday. Should be shipped out tomorrow and I should have it by Thursday. 

DIYPC Skyline-07-G Black/Green SECC ATX Full Tower Gaming USB 3.0 Computer Case w/ 7 x 120mm Green fans

SUS Z97-E/USB3.1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CORSAIR Hydro Series H50 120mm Quiet Edition Liquid CPU Cooler – Intel Only

Rosewill ARC-650, ARC Series 650W Power Supply, 80 PLUS Bronze Certified, Single +12V Rail, Intel 4th Gen CPU Ready, SLI ...

Intel Core i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I74790K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GXM

SAMSUNG DVD WriterSATA Model SH-224FB/BSBE - OEM

Total is $788.93 Still within my budget