Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

Strange Issue

Hello,

I am experiencing on a random basis an issue with the T7 which I had never had before: during a turn, although there is a bank angle the aircraft doesn't turn, i.e. the heading remains unchanged, then all of a sudden it starts moving to the new heading but rather than in a smooth way she turns via a series of jerky steps. It is not a problem of FPS drop, as the FPS remain stable during the turn. It happens absolutely randomly and not on every flight, and I don't have any clue on what can trigger it.

This issue started to occur after I installed ASN SP3. I have posted the same question on HiFi forums and in the meantime I will revert to the ASN SP2C and see what happens but I just wanted to share this also on PMDG forums to understand if other users have ever had this issue regardless of the weather engine they use. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Regards 

Ezio Cingolani

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

This issue started to occur after I installed ASN SP3.

Sounds like that's your answer.

I have posted the same question on HiFi forums and in the meantime I will revert to the ASN SP2C and see what happens but I just wanted to share this also on PMDG forums to understand if other users have ever had this issue regardless of the weather engine they use. 

Haven't seen anything yet, but thanks for reporting it.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, 

thanks for your answer....however after I opened this topic, I found in this very same forum another one dealing with what I think is the same issue (the topic title is "Jerky banking turns 777 only") and it looks like some people were experiencing something similar long before ASN SP3 was released. Such topic stops around January '15 (the last post is from you), so I'd like to understand if some sort of solution was found.

Regards 

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

so I'd like to understand if some sort of solution was found.

That thread is a different issue, where the turn start and stop is sudden, almost as if the pilot cranked hard on the yoke to start and stop it. Otherwise, though, the turn is smooth.

Kyle Rodgers

This issue started to occur after I installed ASN SP3. I have posted the same question on HiFi forums and in the meantime I will revert to the ASN SP2C and see what happens but I just wanted to share this also on PMDG forums to understand if other users have ever had this issue regardless of the weather engine they use.

I can't see why weather would stop the aircraft turning completely. Unless it's the way it's driving FSX turbulence, as that does weird stuff to sim dynamics. It can stop the sim reacting to controls momentarily. Do you have FSX turbulence enabled?

ki9cAAb.jpg

I'm with Kevin on this, this could be something as simple as the FSUIPC autosave and it's not noticed in straight and level flight.  Troubleshooting should proceed on the assumption that you have the stutters randomly.

Dan Downs KCRP