Sign in to follow this  
by1014

Carenado Navajo released

Very interested in this bird. Normally I like to hear peoples impressions first, but I might pick up this one today.

Based on recent history, I think you may be waiting for quite awhile. Your opinion may very well be the first.

I bought it and I'm glad that I bought it just got to figure out where the oxygen switch is

Well, at least it is an offering which (like the Alabeo C404, that I do generally like), is back in the area of aircraft that they tend to do reasonably well (piston/steam-gauge), and which use to represent decent value for money back in the day, though the price tag of mid 30s to close to $40 US is pushing it - but it seems to be the "new normal" for them...

I purchased the plane and did an initial flight... thinking this is the best aircraft they have produced. The sounds are good, dynamics good... now I will test out the system more, however I am very happy with this plane.

Waiting to see some reviews before I decide. 

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Why would you buy this when the real air piston duke V2 is a similar price?

ZORAN

Why would you buy this when the real air piston duke V2 is a similar price?

Because there are more Navajos flying as charter aircraft today than there are Dukes.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Plus, different plane requires a different skill set.

I have the 404, I like it, but it has the required Alab/Car bugs, head temps like it was water cooled.., some switches (the primer switch can get stuck), and some use left mouse, some use left to go one way, and right mouse to go the opposite way... It's slow.

Stolle has been doing all the FD's sense the TBM..

The Nav has so much more info about it then the 404, and maybe setting up Real Engine for it will be more then guessing.

At any rate, I think it's mandatory to wait for 1 or sometimes 2 SP's (Usually you only get one).

I don't like to pay to alpha test.

I think this release may be a real sleeper....doesn't seem like too many folks are interested, not sure if it's this particular plane or if folks are just getting tired of Carenado releasing planes with so many issues, will wait for a comprehensive review before deciding...

I'm pretty keen for this.  I didn't mind the Alabeo 404 but another Piper to add to my hangar is tempting.

At any rate, I think it's mandatory to wait for 1 or sometimes 2 SP's (Usually you only get one).

As long as you wait for it to release on retail websites it will have it's final SP.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

The flightdynamics are really good the sounds are good 

Based on what?