Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Crossing the Alps in a Ju-52

This is the second part of the trip, which started in Friedrichshafen on the German side of Lake Konstanz (“Bodensee” in German). As we are limited to a max of 20 pics and as I didn’t want to bore you with too many screenies; I show you the leg that starts in Ulrichen, Switzerland and ends south-east of it in Lugano, Northern Italy, with some of the most magnificent scenery Europe has to offer (just my personal opinion). 

This is P3D 2.5 with freeware Italy photoscenery

We take off in Ulrichen with a bit of rain, which is supposed to subside once we get further south

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The rain has finally stopped

4.jpg

(what you see here looks even better in your flight sim)

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

At one o’clock one can see the Lago Maggiore

9.jpg

At its northern most tip lies the city Locarno, its airport can be seen at 11 o’clock

10.jpg

But we fly southwest from here and will enjoy some of the superb area

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

After passing Cannobio, Macagno and Germignaga we turn east for our final short leg into Lugano

14.jpg

Around this hill and we are almost done. One can see Lugano in the distance at 10 o’clock

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

What a journey!! And welcome to the beautiful city of Lugano

18.jpg

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Love those...agree magnificient scenery....Lugano a special place!

HLJAMES

Guest Mik75

Breathtakingly beautiful!!!

Great shots of the Junker.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Awesome shots!  Reminds me of the movie "Where Eagles Dare"

Rob

This is the second part of the trip, which started in Friedrichshafen on the German side of Lake Konstanz (“Bodensee” in German). As we are limited to a max of 20 pics and as I didn’t want to bore you with too many screenies; I show you the leg that starts in Ulrichen, Switzerland and ends south-east of it in Lugano, Northern Italy, with some of the most magnificent scenery Europe has to offer (just my personal opinion). 

This is P3D 2.5 with freeware Italy photoscenery

We take off in Ulrichen with a bit of rain, which is supposed to subside once we get further south

1.jpg

The rain has finally stopped

(what you see here looks even better in your flight sim)

At one o’clock one can see the Lago Maggiore

At its northern most tip lies the city Locarno, its airport can be seen at 11 o’clock

But we fly southwest from here and will enjoy some of the superb area

After passing Cannobio, Macagno and Germignaga we turn east for our final short leg into Lugano

Around this hill and we are almost done. One can see Lugano in the distance at 10 o’clock

What a journey!! And welcome to the beautiful city of Lugano

Where did you get the Ju-52 and scenery?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Very nice. That cockpit looks loud. I wonder what the flying decibels were in this plane.

Excellent set of shots bernd!  I used to live in Frankfurt and have been down to Lake Constance a couple of times...you captured it beautifully

Chris Sunseri

Thanks a lot gents for your kind comments. 

The scenery can be downloaded from this (Italian language only !) site:

http://italyphotoreal.weebly.com/download.html

It comes in 2 versions: 2m (the whole of Italy 44GB) and 1m (the whole of Italy 400GB). The pics you can see here are the 1m ones, but I have only downloaded Northern Italy (120GB). It also seems that the links for the 1m version are at the moment inactive. 

The plane is the good old FS9 Ju-52 from Oliver Fischer and is available here at avsim:

junkers_52_v2.zip

As you can see, it flies in P3D 2.5 (and it flew for me also in FSX before). I have only sharpened the cockpit textures a bit.

Bernd

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Great thread and shots Bernd,  love the story and information that you bring to your thread,  very nicely done. 

Many thanks Elaine and Alfla