Sign in to follow this  
mohammat

[Request] : Boeing 777-200 ER Maiden Flight Repaint For PMDG 777

Hello , everyone !

I exactly remember my first days as a simmer , just like it was yesterday . My old Pentium 4 Dual core Laptop , FS2004 and the wonderful PSS 777 . And the FPS was never bellow 40 !

Anyway I was totally in love with my collection , and my favorite one was the ITVV's Cathay Pacific 777 . Oh , what a flight . Empty plane , part of the 1000 cycle ETOPS program to do some tests on it , and with Graeme Thompson on the left seat and of course , Capt.Suzanna Darcy on the right . It was great to see Graeme explaining all the systems , Fly By Wire and Flight Envelope Protection features of the triple 7 .

And in the last after saying good-bye , there was this beautiful shots from the triple 7's maiden flight and mixed with this amazing song by Nik Martin.

The paint on that aircraft , was exactly like the image bellow . So anyone saw this paint for PMDG 777 ?

I'll be glad if some one did a repaint of this , cause it takes me back into those good old memories of mine .

Boeing_777_above_clouds,_crop.jpg

You sound so old ...

LOL

Hi,David .

Yes , It sounds that way but actually one month later I'll become 19 !

I started learning about airplanes when I was very young . And even at that stage I made realism as my priority . Oh , and who forgets Rod Machado . "Pull back on the stick!" , he kept yelling at me  .

Full names in the forum, please.

If we do the 772ER, my bet is this one will be in the default set. I'm sure someone in the community could do it, though.

Kyle Rodgers

Full names in the forum, please.

If we do the 772ER, my bet is this one will be in the default set. I'm sure someone in the community could do it, though.

I was hoping you'd say "when" there Kyle. I'd love an ER. Flying the LR with British Airways feels a bit weird.

I was hoping you'd say "when" there Kyle. I'd love an ER. Flying the LR with British Airways feels a bit weird.

+1

Thank you so much . Unfortunately It doesn't have the company flags under the passenger windows

If you help me find more pics i well be happy to do a T7 paint.

Hi , great news ! Just a quick search , but don't forget about the details , specially the flags  :

boeing-777-first-flight-take-off_28404.j0682-04-1-4.jpg624x398xBoeing-777-WA001-first-flight-12

Good to bring this up. This is one of my favorite 777 color scheme as well.

Unlike the very unfortunate first 787, the first 777 which did the first flight on June 12th 1994 is still flying with Cathay with RR engines. It actually has a few more factory options than the other -200s which Cathay ordered brand new from Boeing. I bet they will stay with the airline for at least another 5 years as they are currently undergoing a software upgrade program and after that they would probably go straight to the scrapyard (typical CX way to retire airplanes nowadays)

The -200 it's my personal favorite. It just has a taste of originality. And after 21 years it still flies like a new one. I hope PMDG will make the -200/300 classic as well to complete the series.

Good to bring this up. This is one of my favorite 777 color scheme as well.

Unlike the very unfortunate first 787, the first 777 which did the first flight on June 12th 1994 is still flying with Cathay with RR engines. It actually has a few more factory options than the other -200s which Cathay ordered brand new from Boeing. I bet they will stay with the airline for at least another 5 years as they are currently undergoing a software upgrade program and after that they would probably go straight to the scrapyard (typical CX way to retire airplanes nowadays)

The -200 it's my personal favorite. It just has a taste of originality. And after 21 years it still flies like a new one. I hope PMDG will make the -200/300 classic as well to complete the series.

Glad to hear that from you .

I'm Looking forward to have EPR on my EICAS , and hear those roaring sound of Trent 800 . Come on PMDG !

By the way since you got pretty good information on this stuff , could you explain to me what is 1000 cycle ETOPS validation programme ?

If you help me find more pics i well be happy to do a T7 paint.

Here are some close pics on flags and etc . sorry for bad quality , these are by far the best pics of the flags I've ever seen . I Hope they help .

"Working together" :

359x1rk.jpg

Notice the "EXPERIMENTAL" :

wt7hwy.jpg

33biivq.jpg

255rztg.jpg

Since I am just a normal line pilot, I am an unable to give an answer to your question about 1000 cycle etops verification. hopefully someone with an insight to the etops certification process will be able to answer this question.

http://www.smartcockpit.com/aircraft-ressources/Getting_to_grips_with_ETOPS.html

if you are interested into etops stuff.

This book "getting to grip with Etops" will give you some detail info about Etops. Although it's an airbus material, the same principle equally apply to any etops rated airplanes.

Airbus is really good at producing materials like this to help pilots to understand some of concepts.

Happy flying

"could you explain to me what is 1000 cycle ETOPS validation programme ?"

For Boeing to deliver the aircraft with FAA 180 minutes ETOPS approval, they had to fly the aircraft under ETOPS conditions for over a thousand cycles to prove the capabilities of the aircraft. The ITVV video is along for one of those flights but they don't go over much of the details. It does show some Cathay 777's into Kai Tak :)

Alaister Kay

Okay looks pretty easy if i can just get 1 photo that shows the order of the flags. Thats really all I need know.

The images I posted Shows them in order . I know they're not clear but if you combine them with the ones below , that might help .

8697-thickbox_default.jpgboeing-777-rollout-house-scheme_28403.jp