cpu intel i5 2500k OC 4.7 GHZ
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV Gene Z
Ram - 8gb gskill 1600mhz
Video card Nvidia GTX 560ti
Power supply corsair 650W CPU Cooler - coolermaster V6
SSD 128Gb x2

My system runs FSX-SE DX10 steves fixer, very well most of the time except on occasion with PMDG and some A2A aircraft under heavy load.

The problem Im having is all of my 4 CPU cores max out at 100% on a regular basis (i2500k OC to 4.7ghz)

My GPU a gtx 560 ti sits at 50-60% load most of the time

Now when the cores all max out at 100% FSX stops rendering the scenery and it goes Blurry. When this is going on Im monitoring My GTX 560ti as well and its hardly even stressed.

Im due for a system upgrade this year some time but in the meantime any ideas why my Cores are regurly maxed out and what I can I do about that? I have 8GB of RAM (snipers) and running on WIN 7

ZORAN

Lower your settings :) ?

That was semi sarcastic

Wait for your proposed upgrade - Skylake Q3 I think

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I get it Ryan and done that with textures 1024 and LOD 4.5 and autogen at Dense.

I was just wondering if there was something wrong with my maybe my RAM or something like that as Im no expert,

As you say may as well just wait for the update and fly the PMDG's outside of heavy ORBX areas

ZORAN

If you have Limited your frame rate's i have noticed on my end that causes scenery to go blurry. I don't know if this will help but try to switch your frame rate to unlimited & see if that helps. After i did that on my system, the blurry's stopped.

Good point Wayne, Im going to try unlimited next flight

ZORAN

Good point Wayne, Im going to try unlimited next flight

Yeah it's just the first thing i thought of when you mentioned blurry textures. Hopefully it'll help :)

What do your other settings look like besides scenery/autogen? 

Maxed out except mesh resolution 5 and water LOW 2x

road traffic 4% AI 50%

The system for the most part runs great except in very heavy areas particularly the PMDG 777 on approach say into CYVR FSDT where cores are maxed

I think Im asking to much of my system under those conditions and apart from trying unlimited frames next flight Im probably just best off waiting for my upgrade

ZORAN

Maxed out except mesh resolution 5 and water LOW 2x

road traffic 4% AI 50%

Just as a test, try lowering the AI down to 0% and see what happens with the CPU.

If you have Limited your frame rate's i have noticed on my end that causes scenery to go blurry. I don't know if this will help but try to switch your frame rate to unlimited & see if that helps. After i did that on my system, the blurry's stopped.

Just wanted to get back to you on your suggestion. Have just completed a flight from Canberra to Brisbane ORBX airports over ORBX Australia in the PMDG 737 and its a tough combination and although my CPU cores were maxed for the most part, I didn't get any blurries after setting to unlimited frames. Thanks for that idea !

ZORAN