Sign in to follow this  
f4sup

Beacon Sound / Torque Above Red Line

Great little aircraft.

Two questions:

Is there any way to eliminate or lower the beacon light motor sound?

The torque gauges will go way past the redline during takeoff. I limit them with the power lever but that requires a lot of attention. Is this normal?

Thank you,

F4sup

Roger

Hi yes it is,

turbines are basically jet engines and lag behind teh throtlle, its best to increase half way let it settle than slowly increase to ensure you dont red line, same when slowing down they take time to spool down so you have to think ahead. Would still be nice to see the com12 both button fixed on the com panel. on both planes.

Sorry Louis, this is for the MU-2B. I have experience with the PT6A line but this is my first with the Garret TP.
How about the beacon light sound? It does become annoying after a while. I tried sound sliders with no change.
mjrhealth has a point about the GMA340. Being such a basic controller, it should, at the least have correct comm functions.

Thanks again,

f4sup

Roger

I have experience with the PT6A line but this is my first with the Garret TP.

In real life Garretts have excellent power response as well as quick throttle response... much better than PT6A's which have a LOT of lag. In this regard Garretts are nicer to fly. Garretts are more fuel efficient as well.

FSX is known to have several limitations when it comes to modeling turboprops, however, and this should be kept in mind. Having said that, one thing that is certain, is that pushing the power levers all the way to the firewall on takeoff should not be done with any turboprop, Garrett of PT6, since it will result in the engines being over-torqued.

As mentioned, ease the power in to avoid going over the red line. As you climb, you'll notice the torque decrease with altitude (as it should in real life), you can then ease a bit more throttle in as you climb to compensate.

As for the beacon light sound, this shouldn't be heard above the engines. Where are your sound sliders set ?

Sound sliders have no effect. I can even turn the FSX sound off (Q) and it's still there. The only control is with the system volume. My workaround is to set system sound at 5 to 10 % and move the FSXsliders to 50 -60%. It would be nice if there was a disable button included on the Instruction or control panel.

Why? it wouldn't be real. The real aircraft has a real sound because the Beacon is located right below the cockpit. 

The issue is that you need to raise the engine noise level to mask the fixed level of this gauge-driven soundfile.

This was previously discussed

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467720-mu-2b-question/?hl=%2Bbeacon#entry3231860