Sign in to follow this  
EagleSkinner

News from from the Eagleskinner Hangar - Works in Progress

I've been busy re-installing FSX and all the associated over the past few weeks, but it hasn't stopped me trying to get my hand back in with the brushes. A couple of these may even find their way on to the Avsim Servers soon. None of these are really satisfactory to me - yet. I am still waiting for my new Internet connection though - Upload speeds are slower than glacial right now and Glass fibre cable was only finally installed last month. (Eagleskinner exits stage left mumbling about Germany's slowest ISP...)

Comments and suggestions welcomed at all times. I still haaven't reached the standards I strive or, but the fictionals below are just for fun. As for Christian Grey's "Ride" - I just wonder how many people do actuallyy own the Nemeth EC130 - that is one squirrelly helicopter. Extreme fun, but damned squirrelly all the same.

One for the friends of "Exquisite Enlightenment":

Grey_1_1.jpg

This one for the fans of filth

taster1.jpg

DirtyGertie12.jpg

How about on that shows the flag?

A2A_C182_Flag_1.jpg

Soemthing fictional for those with an air racing bent:

A2A_P51_6.jpg

I wonder, did I ever post this one? This EC 135  has been ready for a couple of years, but I don't remember actually uploading it.

EC135_8888.jpg

Something for the older generation perhaps?

sky_park_wth.jpg

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Actually, these posts do open one very specific question: is there really any mileage in publishing any fictional liveries? What is the "market" like for "let's pretend" liveries. I have noticed in the past that the vast majority of "downloaders" prefer "heavy metal" and my own "most downloaded" paint was the "Hawke's Bay" paint I did for the Aerosoft Cheyenne, which only reached a small percentage of the numbers of commercial tubeliner liveries.

One factor that prevents me uploading too many real world liveries is the risk of a copyright suit. I wonder how many painters consider this. Companies like Breitling and Pirelli are actually very strict about use of their logos and I have even had formal "threatening letters" from one organisation. There's a right bunch of bloody-minded po-faced company lawyers out there who would gladly take us amateurs to court for a dollar or two.

Oh, I forgot this real-world livery from an Archer painted onto a Cherokee - I do have the owner's consent for that. It's close, but not really true...

A2A_pa180_1.jpg

And then there's this fictional paintjob I did to check the quality of the A2A C182 paintkit and as a demonstrator for metallic and chromalusion effects

bluegreen_1.jpg

preview2.jpg

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Hi CBris, good to see you posting again.

Post all of the fictional paints you want to, somebody will appreciate them.

As for the lawyers, I wouldn't worry about them too much.

As you are not profiting from your ventures and they would have to prove that your works caused damage to the copyright holder I would hope that they would realize the fruitlessness of frivolous lawsuits.

Even recouping their lawyers fees would be difficult.

At worst I would expect a cease and desist request which you could comply with by removing the download.

Paint away my friend, your paints are always top notch and well received.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Funny you should mention that - both Pirelli and Breitling PR departments threatened me... Pirelli for the tyre tread pattern on a yellow DO27 and Breitling for one of their display aircraft...

Oh, and then the snake-skin pattern I did for the Christen Eagle was a right awkward one - the new plane owner said yes, the copyright holders and previous plane owners said no and the artist (a well known Italian gentleman) had no say because he'd sold the © to the first owners.

That's why most of my real-world liveries to date all have some kind of blessing from the owners - and I have made some great new friends over the years.

Also included in past threats have been demands or threats of a "per download" fee. Nutters! Perhaps it is because I often choose such popular paints... :D

Sorry to hear you had those troubles.

Maybe it is better to seek forgiveness instead of asking for permission.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I suppose on the other hand, that it is worth the aggro for all the friends I can make.