Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Lee

FS2Crew cannot write to panel cfg...

I just installed Fs2Crew for the pmdg 737NGX and when I click on enable voice control it gives an error message with some nonsense and says the panel cfg cant be written to. It does this for both voice and button control. The latest PMDG update is installed, UAC is off, FSX installed to its own directory.

I have installed it with admin rights, and run the config manager with admin rights and I am still getting this error. 

Exception EIniFileException in module SetPanelCFG_FSX.exe at 00026BoD

When you say you have "admin rights" do you mean the user you are running with has the administrator rights, or are you right clicking on the exe and selecting "Run as Administrator"?

It would be helpful if you tell  us what  error message with some nonsense you got -  or we supposed to guess?

It would be helpful if you tell  us what  error message with some nonsense you got -  or we supposed to guess?

Given that you aren't a designated member of the FS2Crew support staff I could care less what you do. Already listed the error further down in the post, though I'm sure making some smart remark was far more entertaining than actually having to read.

When you say you have "admin rights" do you mean the user you are running with has the administrator rights, or are you right clicking on the exe and selecting "Run as Administrator"?

Both. I own a small PC repair business, so anything having to do with that you can skip. 

You can mark this solved, I changed my entire aircraft folder in the main FSX directory to (uncheck read-only) and it seems to have enabled voice. Now to see if the program works in the sim.

Meh, all kinds of problems with this program. Can't contact ground crew, says stuff isn't configured when it is, gear not going up when commanded, I don't have time for this. /uninstalled.

Meh, all kinds of problems with this program. Can't contact ground crew, says stuff isn't configured when it is, gear not going up when commanded, I don't have time for this.

You probably had the SDK message.  You gave up too soon.

Ground crew:  Please read the manual.  Your audio panel needs to be configured properly to talk to the ground crew.  Service Interphone switch on or FLT selected.  That's the way it works in the real plane.

Yes , yes, I know that. FLT comm switch was on, there was no SDK error that I know of. Its not about giving up, its about not having to spend what little time I have with the sim screwing around with half working programs. Thanks for trying to help, honestly doesn't seem like this software was going to add that much the experience anyways. Perhaps I will try it again when the new 737 version comes out, perhaps not. 

Perhaps I will try it again when the new 737 version comes out, perhaps not.

If your unable  to understand on how  this version works  than I cant  see  the new version being  any different. Since your doing  some  thing  wrong  or not following  the manual   and tutorial that was supplied. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

To be honest, it does take a while to get used to. I can now fly without checking notes but that's been after 5 months of flying. There is quite a lot to learn, and you'll need to run through the Windows speech recognition program at least once, I recommend twice (but maybe that's because of my cockney English accent).

The reboot will be the same, as will the T7 and the Q400. You won't learn it in a few hours.

But, it's one of the most immersive programs I have other then the PMDG planes themselves so my advice is to stick with it as it really pays off

hi..i know im a bit late on that but how do i change my entire aircraft folder in the main FSX directory to (uncheck read-only) please?
thanks

imran