Hello!

I've been simming for years now with my Thrustmaster (T-flight hotas X) and I've been looking to buy a more modern and advanced stick (or yoke) for flying.

I have been given 150 euros (but I can pay some more myself) because I Helped a couple of weeks at a hospital (#under18yrs).

Now I'm planning to get the saitek yoke (not the cessna one) or the saitek X55. I fly a lot of different aircraft: airbus, boeing, GA...  And I would like to know what would be the best option. The saitek yoke looks nice but does it feel allright? I read some reviews on amazon stating that the metal shaft causes some sticking problems. And is the X55 durable (Quality control?)  because I read some other reviews on amazon and some of them were saying that a button was scraping against the throttle and that the stick itself does not move smoothly. Or do you recommend something else in that price category (100 - 200 euros).

This is quite a big investment for me as I'm on a budget (#under18yrs) and it would be a dissapointment if I bought the wrong thing.

Thanks in advance for your insights!

Augustin

Take this for what it is worth as I have not used the X-55 joystick. I have, however, had two Saitek "Pro-Flight" yokes and they are junk. What's wrong with the Thrustmaster? I guess if you want more buttons and two throttles then it makes sense, but look for genuine user feedback first as Saitek stuff is notoriously cheap and nasty.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Take this for what it is worth as I have not used the X-55 joystick. I have, however, had two Saitek "Pro-Flight" yokes and they are junk. What's wrong with the Thrustmaster? I guess if you want more buttons and two throttles then it makes sense, but look for genuine user feedback first as Saitek stuff is notoriously cheap and nasty.

Ok thanks for your advice, I think I'm going to get an X55 because I want more precision and buttons, plus the thrustmaster is a little bit light in my opinion.