Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

FlySimware MU-2 50% off

Glynn do you have the C441 as well? How do the graphics compare to that

ZORAN

No I do not have the 441, May have by the end of today though :smile:

The graphics are functional but good enough, but it's the systems and the flying that this one is all about, a very well done addon with some nice visual features such as the VC raindrops and wipers that actually clear the rain. the green side windows can also be clicked on and off in the VC for those that don't like them.

It's the most fun you will have for $20, thats for sure.

Check out the training video's on Youtube for a better idea of how it works

Thanks for the VID. I have the C441 and love flying it but the graphics are a bit uninspiring. Does the MOO have system failures built in? I thought I read that somewhere..probably find out in the vid I guess

ZORAN

Wait until the in development Lear 35 comes out. It's looking better day by day.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Both the mu2 and the 441 are very good planes. I use the MU2 almost exclusively (a2a Comanche too) and its a great plane to hand fly. Sounds are great and its updated regularly. Things seem stable and bug-free at version 1.7 and the gtn integration made it a no- brainer for me. You really can't get much more for $20.

Wait until the in development Lear 35 comes out. It's looking better day by day.

Need any more beta testers? Looks like a fun plane so far!

Both the mu2 and the 441 are very good planes. I use the MU2 almost exclusively

Currently flying the MU-2 round the world more or less following the old Slarty and dean route

http://www.dmcity.com/slarty/index.php3

Currently flying the MU-2 round the world more or less following the old Slarty and dean route

Nice! I'm on my way back from LOWI via north Atlantic to N30 in the mu2. Did the trip out in three legs, return in 4 with heavy headwinds, 2 pax on board. It's one of those planes in fs I just don't get bored with. She's got 250 hours since purchase so far! I'm going to try your atw route after my trans american trip in the a2a Comanche.

She's got 250 hours since purchase so far! I'm going to try your atw route after my trans american trip in the a2a Comanche.

250 hrs Wow, I have only 15 hrs on the hobbs so far, I am currently in flight mid way between Iceland and Greenland BIKF -  BGKK after starting off from my home base of EGGW.

Proflight Emulator supplying the ATC for this trip and doing a fine job so far

Can someone please confirm that the MU-2's VC is much improved with these replacement textures?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/468490-alternate-mu-2-interior/

Thanks.

Jose

I prefer the original textures but have borrowed the wood paneling from the replacement set, I found the wood on the originals too orange, this is one of those VC's that look much better in the Sim.

While it is not the best texturing around, the textures are however quite hi res and the VC modeling is spot on, it kind of grows on you.

2015-7-1_14-26-28-637.jpg

250 hrs Wow, I have only 15 hrs on the hobbs so far, I am currently in flight mid way between Iceland and Greenland BIKF -  BGKK after starting off from my home base of EGGW.

Proflight Emulator supplying the ATC for this trip and doing a fine job so far

Believe it or not I'm still using radarcontact4 for atc. Works great after all these years. If you don't have realityxp weather radar (p3d) you can use Rolands weather radar in the vc in conjunction with ASN. Really ups the immersion level. I know people have said bad things about the textures in the vc, but honestly once you have a few hours on it, its easy on the eyes. There is a lot going on in this vc, the textures won't be a concern during flight, and to me they look just fine how they are.

Can someone please confirm that the MU-2's VC is much improved with these replacement textures?

I think these textures are nicer, and I use them. But at the end of the day it's down to personal preference.

Great feedback guys Im going to buy it to support the devs anyway as I believe they are on the verge of cracking the big time and they actually really care about the customer. Im dreaming of a partnership, Flysimware systems and carendo eye candy B)

ZORAN

Believe it or not I'm still using radarcontact4 for atc. Works great after all these years. If you don't have realityxp weather radar (p3d) you can use Rolands weather radar in the vc in conjunction with ASN.

I normally use RC4 but thought I would spend some time with PFE for this trip, its a much more relaxed pace to the ATC and the regional accents are great for a RTW trip.

I have Rolands Radar fitted and I agree it is very good.

The thing I like about this VC is that the panel is so easy to read, call me crazy but I actually prefer the MU-2 to the Turbine Duke, more atmospheric for want of a better phrase

Just picked up the MU-2 on sale last night. Wonderful simulation! The systems depth is very impressive for 17USD.