Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

10.40b5 now available

Tony, I am running the 337.88, best for me too.

Mitch, I am flying the 337 and see no difference. The cockpit was the first place I looked. Cannot see any difference. but with DSF checked on extreme the vram was about 22, with very high rez it is at 750. Unbelievable. Without DSF checked the max vram was about 1.4 then to 750 for very high rez. This leaves a considerable amount of vram to up something else like water rez or shadows. 

Bob

Well, Bob...it truly is a most visually personal thing, in what looks good and acceptable to you, for the cost to your system.  On my system, I can get easily constant 30's (locked) in clouds, out of clouds, at taxi, rotation, spot view, cockpit...so, I never change the sim line-up.  Here's a shot out the cockpit window on my way right now to Bella Coola from Michigan...the FPS, for cloud coverage, is fantastic. I am so pleased, once more....and again stated, I never go beyond Very High, for the rez...beyond that, as Tony states, and I readily agree, there is absolutely no true visual R.O.I.

Eclipse_10.png

Eclipse_11.png

"By the way...how sweet would Life be...if I could tell you that that was MY profile in the Eclispe.  Alas...my face can only be seen in the reflection of the monitor screen... "  ^_^

I'm on a Mac, so unfortunately I don't get the option to install other nvidia drivers.

Awesome!

Yep, I am going to fiddle a little more (what's new LOL). 

Bob

I'm on a Mac, so unfortunately I don't get the option to install other nvidia drivers.

That might be the problem then, Tony.  Sorry to read that .b5 came up short. This is so weird...all of it...

Awesome!

Yep, I am going to fiddle a little more (what's new LOL). 

Bob

Bob...I am curious...as an idea...why don't you mimic my settings, and see what that gives you for system performance, FPS related, and visuals put out the door....please make some screen shots. I am most curious....

No worries, after all Ben was pretty clear that this might happen. As they say, install betas at your own risk

B5 is crazy fantastic...I am honestly getting FPS readings in flight of 33.50 and 34.65 FPS even though I have the FPS locked to 30. This is the best performance ever from XP, from the very first XP6 installation, to the present.

Wow...

Saying that what was wrong with .b4 is fixed...is an understatement!  Ben...congrat's...yeah..this is a beta, and there will be other b-releases...but to have my system RENDER MORE than what I have it locked to...well...WTH!!!!!!!   :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Here is my latest 'fix' in my flight to Bella Coola...and I only wish I could be fast enough to snap the pic when the read-out is at 33, occasionally....but that is near impossible to time. To snap what FPS reads you see in this at-cruise pic is easy, as that is my norm post,... .b5...

Eclipse_14.png

Fast on the draw...I got one... :)  I get the same 33.50 peaks even at level flight view. I just have to be lucky enough, to be hitting the grab's, when it comes up. This is with XPX.40b5 locked in-sim, to a high of 30 FPS max!

Eclipse_15.png

Final comment upon .b5:

As a result of the added performance boost of .b5...I have been able to set within SkyMaxx Pro, all clouds to crazy-on full...with the repeatable FPS maintained. So..this screen is my new standard SkyMaxx Pro cloud rendering setting.  It doesn't get any better than this within a sim...

Eclipse_37.png

Eclipse_29.png

Eclipse_41.png

Mitch, what are you using to lock your frames @30, NI?

Bob

Mitch, what are you using to lock your frames @30, NI?

Bob

Look at my set up at the top right, Bob....set and locked to my REFRESH RATE, which is 30 FPS/6O Hz refresh rate for my monitor. Conversely, if you have a 120 Hz monitor..then your sim would be locked to 120, and 1/2 half that through the driver, to 60 max FPS. You then can use nVidia Inspector on your X Plane tab, to cut to 1/2 refresh rate. That's how it is done.  I had to redo this to make it clear, lol. I saw that I had left steps out...since I never change it.

Eclipse_42.png

clear blue sky always gives good fps  :rolleyes:   what are your fps on a cloudy day?

The same...look for my screen shots of prior posts that display the same FPS with haze and multi-layer. They're all over the place, LOL!  BTW.. exactly what clear-blue cloudless sky are you seeing in these snaps?!??  I see haze, clouds out to the horizon, and cirrus above. These are not easy on GPU's, to render and maintain high FPS. That's been my usage history, lol.

"By the way...how sweet would Life be...if I could tell you that that was MY profile in the Eclispe.  Alas...my face can only be seen in the reflection of the monitor screen... " 

I'm glad you are getting the FRs you want Mitch.

For those of you who don't have the Eclipse, it is a nice plane (free) and it produces better FRs than most of my fleet.  It is a real joy to fly.

John

John Wingold

I'm glad you are getting the FRs you want Mitch.

For those of you who don't have the Eclipse, it is a nice plane (free) and it produces better FRs than most of my fleet.  It is a real joy to fly.

John

Yes it is...and I am getting this rate mostly in my Carenado's as well. Some drop by 1-3, but that is the norm for most Carenado sleds. :)  I use this mostly as my lite-business, and run my Carenado 337 and the default 172 for general use. I like high wings for good eye-candy view.  If you check out some of my other XP snaps with the 337...not unusual to be snapped at 27-30 FPS :)

Mitch

Look at my set up at the top right, Bob....set and locked to my REFRESH RATE, which is 30 FPS/6O Hz refresh rate for my monitor. Conversely, if you have a 120 Hz monitor..then your sim would be locked to 120, and 1/2 half that through the driver, to 60 max FPS. You then can use nVidia Inspector on your X Plane tab, to cut to 1/2 refresh rate. That's how it is done.  I had to redo this to make it clear, lol. I saw that I had left steps out...since I never change it.

Eclipse_42.png

The same...look for my screen shots of prior posts that display the same FPS with haze and multi-layer. They're all over the place, LOL!  BTW.. exactly what clear-blue cloudless sky are you seeing in these snaps?!??  I see haze, clouds out to the horizon, and cirrus above. These are not easy on GPU's, to render and maintain high FPS. That's been my usage history, lol.

Just caught my eye , why not 4XSSAA+FXAA :) ?

what FXAA does is mainly noticable in further mountatins , they look smoother , and FXAA is very easy on performance (even on my GTX460 ... maybe ~2FPS hit)

Who makes the eclipse? Is it a 400 or 500?

But how is it on the more FPS hungry Airplanes as that Epic looks pretty bare minimal.