Sign in to follow this  
Nduru

Installing P3D hotfixes

i am really confused in where you install p3d hotfixes, could someone help me out. Thanks :)

Maybe have a screenshot of where i need to install it....would be much appreciated

i am really confused in where you install p3d hotfixes, could someone help me out. Thanks :)

Maybe have a screenshot of where i need to install it....would be much appreciated

The latest hotfix is HF4 which is a zip file, just extract the files and copy and paste into your p3d directory, back up before if you feel it necessary,

bob

The latest hotfix is HF4 which is a zip file, just extract the files and copy and paste into your p3d directory, back up before if you feel it necessary,

bob

And when prompted to overwrite, say yes.

It's also important to find out if the add-ons that you prefer to fly with have (e.g., ASN, Orbx, GTN750, etc.) been updated to work with the new hotfix before you take the plunge.  It can take a day or two (sometimes more) for add-on developers to update their products. 

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

So i install it into program (x86) -> Lockheed martin -> Prepared?

So i install it into program (x86) -> Lockheed martin -> Prepared?

From Lockheed Martin site

http://prepar3d.com/forum-5/topic/prepar3d-v2-hotfix-2-5-12946-0-2/

To use this hotfix, download and extract the appropriate zip file and copy the contained files on top of your default installation. You should accept all prompts to overwrite files (Yes or Yes to All).

So, no. Although you could, you shouldn't.

Wait so i extract to the P3D.exe?????

no just extract them I to your p3d directory, best to extract them into a tempory folder and them copy and paste.

This is not installation exe file just a zip file with a lot of updated files. When you have extracted them just compare the files with what you have in the p3d directory and then you get the jist.

Bob

Wait so i extract to the P3D.exe?????

No, you extract to the folder P3D.exe is in...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What I did was,,,

1. Create a folder on my desktop and drag the download zip file to it.

2.Extract the zip file in the folder I created using 7zip

3. Highlight all of the extracted files and folders

4. Drag the the extracted files and folders to my main P3d file location and select override files when prompted.

5. Delete the shader cache

6. Launch P3d

When satisfied I delete the folder on my desktop

RE Thomason Jr.

Yes, that's what I did/do too. Including deleting the Shader Cache (important with this update as several Shader HLSL folder files are updated).

I never, ever, load anything into P3D directly unless it's a trusted installer (very rare, Majestic, A2A, PMDG and ORBX, Real Air, that kind of level) and I know what files it's going to mess with (equally rare).

In this case the Hotfix contains ONLY the amended files so you DONT unzip directly to the P3D folder as if you mistakenly overwrite the folder rather than just the files you have completely messed up your install, and there's no easy repair from there.

Drag and Drop allows a systematic update with the opportunity to see what is being fixed, amended or in this case, replaced.

I downloaded and installed the hotfix following the procedure outlined above by Blaze exactly.  Now when I try to start the program I get a "fatal error', or "L..M..P3d has stopped working" message".  What can I do now to get it up and running again?

Thanks

Martin

You didn't by any chance delete the ShadersHLSL folder.

bob

Uprate - i deleted FSUIPC and the program started up. Dont know if there are other prroblems yet but my immediate concern os solved

Thanks.