Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Norway Trilogy – Part 2 Troms & Nordland

i'm hoping to be able to fly with you guys today.  Working on trying to find a Comanche to fly.  if anyone has a link to one to download please post.

thanks,

Mike Mc

i'm hoping to be able to fly with you guys today.  Working on trying to find a Comanche to fly.  if anyone has a link to one to download please post.

thanks,

Mike Mc

Mike,

First, welcome!

To answer your question, the use of a Comanche is entirely optional.  Just fly something that you like to fly!  We nominate an aircraft every week, usually a popular FSX model, just so we all have an approximate idea how fast we're aiming to go, as it tends to be a more enjoyable experience if we stay together.  So any GA aircraft that can cruise around 140-160 kts would work fine. 

Apart from an aircraft in mind to fly, the next thing you need is to join us is Teamspeak.  If you don't already have it, download it from the link below and log in using the server address.  There are usually a few of us there a few minutes before 1800 if you would like a little more help getting set up.

AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Final thing - for the multiplayer to work, we all have to be on the same version of FSX.  In our case, this is the original Microsoft boxed edition.  This is just a limitation of the different platforms - FSX-Steam Edition and P3D are not, sadly, compatible with original FSX multiplayer.

Hope to see you at 1800!

I should be all set.  Flying the route now to get a basic idea of it.  I started in the Moody but will swich to the Beechcraft and see how that goes for speed.  I'm on FSX and have flown with you guys once before, so I should be good.

two new intrepid simmers  ( bryan, & mike mc ) joined us on yesterdays 4th july flight, superb scenery , incredible lighting, & plenty of good natured banter. hope they enjoyed it as much as me.

eight Comanche aircraft flying in Norway, the locals  thought they were being invaded.

for rons attention the Norway trilogy concludes next week. ( its the third leg )

regards,

roger.

two new intrepid simmers  ( bryan, & mike mc ) joined us on yesterdays 4th july flight, superb scenery , incredible lighting, & plenty of good natured banter. hope they enjoyed it as much as me.

eight Comanche aircraft flying in Norway, the locals  thought they were being invaded.

for rons attention the Norway trilogy concludes next week. ( its the third leg )

regards,

roger.

Not quite true, I made a flight (so this was my second) with the this team a few months back but never seem to be available when flights are scheduled or I would do it more often.

And here is a screenshot of our final stop at an isolated strip "Rost", with the flying team all sitting on the tarmac, after some 3hrs of flying, boy did we badly need some ale, a restroom and some food. That is my repainted Comanche in the foreground.

-2015-jul-4-014.jpg

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

How odd, all the other Comanches are stock! :Whistle:

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!