Sign in to follow this  
gpbarth

Grand Caravan EX and Garmin GTN750

I recently purchased the RA Turbine Duke, and one of the options was the add-on Garmin GTN750. This looks very nice and I'm going to pick it up. And since it is an add-on, does CArenado support it for the Grand Caravan? I know that you can install the Garmin in just about any aircraft, but I want it to look like it belongs there.

Anyone know if, and how, this can be done?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Don't everyone jump in at once. I guess the forum is on vacation.

-= Gary Barth =-

Hi Gary,

there is no official support from Carenado for the GTN750 in the Grand Caravan EX. Meaning you have to integrate it manually, if you really want to replace the default G1000.

As you know, you can have both, if you can live with the GTN750 as 2D panel. Bert can surely give you more information about this, but this is it, in a nutshell.

So there IS life on Carenado! :o  Thanks for the reply, barrel_owl. I figured as much. I'm kinda tired of Carenado's Caravan, and was kinda hoping I could revive it somehow. It looks great from the outside, but the flight characteristics and engine gauges just don't cut it. You wouldn't happen to know of another FSX Caravan out there somewhere, would you?

-= Gary Barth =-

Hi Gary,

there is no official support from Carenado for the GTN750 in the Grand Caravan EX. Meaning you have to integrate it manually, if you really want to replace the default G1000.

As you know, you can have both, if you can live with the GTN750 as 2D panel. Bert can surely give you more information about this, but this is it, in a nutshell.

I do not have this airplane, so I am going to be of no use whatsoever.. sorry!

Bert

Let me ask ya a question, Bert. Given that you seem to be the guru of Carenado fixes, which Carenado A/C would you say had the best all-around performance? After the Caravan, I'm sort of sour on them, but they seem to have some nice planes (if they're fixable enough to fly correctly). Any favorites?

-= Gary Barth =-

Everyone has their own favorites..

I fly a heavily modified Carenado Bonanza as my personal plane.

Bert