Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Utx Europe comparisons

Yes Richard, you are right.

For some reason with vector there are larger 'green' areas with not as many buildings. Need to compare to google earth as I don't know the area. Only posted them as they were requested.

Also far less detail using vector - bridges, roads etc. although you need to zoom in on the full res pics to see the real differences.

I could do with some clean prepar3d only shots but that means removing global so they will have to wait for a while.

Chris

Yes Richard, you are right.

For some reason with vector there are larger 'green' areas with not as many buildings. Need to compare to google earth as I don't know the area. Only posted them as they were requested.

Also far less detail using vector - bridges, roads etc. although you need to zoom in on the full res pics to see the real differences.

Chris

Thanks Buddy - not going to install that again as its not worth the fps hit especially as it dumbs things down - eye opening

Rich Sennett

Actually just had a quick look in Google and vector and lc might be more accurate around the airport. Although there is no doubt utx gives better bridges roads and rail. Could even be an issue with utx install seeing as it is so different. I will recheck everything.

Need to check some other areas but don't have time now.

Chris

Thanks, Chris. Global + Vector + LC definitely has the edge as far as capturing the general lay of the land goes. The forests interspersed in urban areas in Switzerland are dense patches, not spread out trees as UTX shows. And the semi-industrial areas are more accurate too.  But the shoreline depiction sucks and roads do look better with UTX, although secondary roads are too wide. 

Altogether Switzerland with UTX looks a bit too US-ish to me. I think I'll wait and see what Vector 1.25 brings.

Thanks again for putting this together!

edit: just saw you got more or less the same impression by means of Google Earth.

No problem I like the non vector version saves a bunch of ssd space and no fps hit - win win - thanks

Rich Sennett

Just to confuse the issue.....I couldn't leave it!

Tried it with Global, LC Europe and UTX without the UTX  LC layers and I think it is the best of both. Need to check other areas where I usually fly to be sure.

I have added a couple of screenshots to the linked gallery.

http://tutmeister.co.uk/zurich/index.php

So I either have an issue with my utx install, utx doesn't have as good LC as orbx or maybe utx is just weak in this area. Really will have to leave investigating it now though!!

Chris

Chris

It's not the best solution to have 15 fuel storage tanks in a forest, but always better than 15 fuel storage tanks in the middle of a suburban area. I vote for global/vector/lc :lol:

It's not the best solution to have 15 fuel storage tanks in a forest, but always better than 15 fuel storage tanks in the middle of a suburban area. I vote for global/vector/lc :lol:

LOL good one - right in my face thought something was odd and there it is didnt even notice it

Rich Sennett

Updated with google comparisons.

Large 4k images   http://tutmeister.co.uk/zurich/index.php

Small images     http://tutmeister.co.uk/zurich/small/index.php

Interesting...... Using orbx LC Europe seems very close to real. Utx gives better detail in the autogen than vector though so for Zurich it seems LC Europe with UTX is the best, certainly for this location.

Will post more comparisons from different areas next week. I think I can do a comparison page like this for a few places, its pretty quick now I have it set up.

Cheers

Chris

Are you making fun of Swiss infrastructural planning or the land classes?

tutmeiser - did you enable tertiary roads with Vector? And can the width and color of road still be easily adjusted with UTX? I think that was the case with UTX 1, but back then I didn't pay much attention to it.  And can you disable power lines in UTX?

Thanks again, that was very helpful. There's one or two other areas I'd be interested in but I should give others a chance to come up with a request first. 

Imho FTX Global + FTX LC + UTX is the best combo.

FTX LC uses additional LC that are new to Fs, so there is more variation possible.

Just put UTX above FTX LC.

To get a better framerate use the FTX HD trees.

To have an even better framerate boost I resized the FTX HD Trees textures.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Are you making fun of Swiss infrastructural planning or the land classes?

I am just envious about those tanks in Zürich. I have Global/vector/EUlc and the situation in Rotterdam harbour delta is that the tanks, containers and cranes from default scenery are all missing there with this FTX combo. UTX would put them back because of the object repositioning it does, I presume. The fun was about lc's, it appears the FTX solution comes closest to reality for Zürich.

I am just envious about those tanks in Zürich. I have Global/vector/EUlc and the situation in Rotterdam harbour delta is that the tanks, containers and cranes from default scenery are all missing there with this FTX combo. UTX would put them back because of the object repositioning it does, I presume. The fun was about lc's, it appears the FTX solution comes closest to reality for Zürich.

Could fix that with Flight1 Instant Scenery in a few moments.  Handy tool...though you might go crazy fixing other things too.  :)

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Could fix that with Flight1 Instant Scenery in a few moments.  Handy tool...though you might go crazy fixing other things too.  :)

Thanks for the tip Gregg, much appreciated. Indeed a very useful tool, Instant Scenery. Not an instant buy but I'm seriously thinking about it.

Greetz,

Just put UTX above FTX LC.

Won't UTX cancel out FTC LC then since it is higher in the food chain?