Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,

After spending the past 6 months enjoying FSX-SE and spending a small fortune up game upgrades and cntrollers, it has not come to the time where my trusty graphics card can no longer keep up.

My System is a Advent DT2410 running the following

Processor Intel Core i5-3330 Processor Details 3.0GHz, 6MB Cache (runs at 3.2GHz) Memory (RAM) 8GB Memory (RAM) Details 2x4GB, DDR3, 1333MHz, 16GB Max Hard Disk Drive (HDD) 2TB Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Details SATA, 3Gbps, Variable RPM Graphics AMD HD6670 Graphics Details Dedicated, 2GB, DDR3, 800MHz, HMDI, VGA [R6670-MD2GD3] Soundcard On-board Audio (On-Board) Motherboard   Disk Drive Multi DVD-RW (SATA) Networking Realtek 8111E 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet (On-Board), Ralink 802.11 b/g/n 150mpbs wireless (USB Dongle) Included Monitor None Included Peripherals Keyboard (Wireless, USB), Mouse (Wireless, USB), Wireless Dongle (USB) Installed Operating System Windows 8 64-Bit

Can somebody point me in the direction of a good card to get 30fps even at busy airports?  Would a GTX750 do the job?  Budget up upto £200 GBP

Can somebody point me in the direction of a good card to get 30fps even at busy airports? Would a GTX750 do the job? Budget up upto £200 GBP

How about the CPU?  'Processor Intel Core i5-3330 Processor Details 3.0GHz"

The graphics card isnt your priority with FSX. You need a good CPU first and then buy a GPU to match it but even the Titan wont get you locked 30fps at every airport

ZORAN

Agree.

I have a i7 920 @ 4.00 Ghz and a 660ti as graphic card.

The graphic card is loaded at 65-70% under the heaviest conditions.

I manage to get around 25-30+ at major payware airports/sceneries all maximized except for autogen.

I only fly online so no AI traffic, for me only cars and boats (15%).

Invest in a good CPU first, and do overclock, a middle range GPU it's enough.

Although the CPU is an I5 I would say at 3.2GHz is less of a hinderance on the game as the graphics card. 

Agree.

I have a i7 920 @ 4.00 Ghz and a 660ti as graphic card.

The graphic card is loaded at 65-70% under the heaviest conditions.

I manage to get around 25-30+ at major payware airports/sceneries all maximized except for autogen.

I only fly online so no AI traffic, for me only cars and boats (15%).

Invest in a good CPU first, and do overclock, a middle range GPU it's enough.

The HD6670 from what I see is a low end card and not even mid end.  The CPU is mid end so with a mid end card I was hoping for quicker graphics.

Make a simple test to see who is the bottleneck on your system.

Download free Cpuid perf monitor and CpuidGPU-Z for example.

Check how CPU and GPU perform under stress. That helped me a lot when I had to decide.