Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

Question on the C441

Does the 441 have the VC raindrops like the MU-2 and does it have reflective windows in the VC ?

The VC raindrops in the MU-2 put that addon into a pretty exclusive club in FSX/P3D and are something I have missed since FS9.

24 views and No one that owns the C441 can help,

My only other question in this Forum managed 68 views without an answer.

Oh well never mind.

You can blame the developer for that.

Read the MU-2 forum to find out why things have `dried up`, 

Disrespecting the customer is always a Bad Thing.

That would be a shame, one of the reasons I gave this team a chance was because they were so active in engaging with their customers.

Glad I did because the MU-2 is amazing and the only thing that put me off was the textures.

Turns out they look very nice in the Sim. It really grows on you.

We at Avsim can be a tough audience at times, hope we have not driven another developer away.

It's their Official Support forum. They really would be disrespecting their customers if they did that !

Wouldn't hold out much hope for future releases unless they buck up their ideas. Mu-2 development has stagnated, the 441 isn't being supported, and the rest of their product range isn't creating any interest or throughput. Customer loyalty can be fickle when insulting comments are made. And shows just how much hobbyist sales depend on customer-on-customer support.

The Mu-2 `vibe` died, overnight. I know there are a number of us who were active in the forum who won't be coming back - leastways not to offer assistance - until the developer concerned has put in an appearance and apologised. 

Perhaps best go straight to the source ?

http://www.flysimware.com/FLYSTORE_2015/en/contact-us

We are quick enough at Avsim to dish it out but as soon as some attitude comes back in our direction we can't handle it.

One of the reasons I always liked conversing with the Eaglesoft guys in the past was they could take it and dish it out in return, with no hard feelings either way.

But those guys have been around the these forums for years, for new developers it must be a minefield.

What happened, what did they do to empty a forum?

#prayforsensitivedevelopers

Glynn the answer is no to both your questions.

Louis ,I didnt know Flysimware had another forum

ZORAN

Zoran, rather than die wondering, I bought it anyway, mostly because I have been putting the hours into their MU-2 and want to support them.

You can definitely see the progression from the 441 to the MU-2, still it was only around £6 as I had some points to claim against it at Just Flight.

They don't have another forum - that's a contact us page from their website. If they won't come here and answer their customer then there is no point in it being an `official` forum and they should lose the entitlement. It can continue as unoffical and they can set up their support somewhere else. 

Glynn check this out and subsequent replies

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/468490-alternate-mu-2-interior/#entry3251980

There's been no sign of the developers here since that date. No apology. And no support.

Very bad form. 

What a shame,

The thing is a newish developer may very well be more emotionally  involved with his product than someone such as Carenado who just throw one addon after another out of the door with barely a backward glance.

Especially when he probably knows himself that his textures are not as good as he would like.

Silly immature comment by the Dev considering the quality of his own texture work. The price of the MU2 is starting to creep into the category of top class products excluding Carenado and they are going to have to appeal to a broader range of simmers who are not exclusively hard core system fanatics and that means far better textures than their current efforts. This has to be addressed or they are just going to fade away and that would be a shame

ZORAN

Agreed, they needed to look to their competition and price accordingly.

To ask more for the MU-2 than Realair was asking for the Turbine Duke v2 when that addon is a benchmark product was naive at best.

That said, I have more hours on this MU-2 than I have on the T duke and P duke combined.

But then I am a bit crazy in some ways.

I was thinking about it a bit today and it came to me.... this MU-2 brings back memories of FSD back in the day.

And I miss those guys too.

lol the first thing I did as well was go back and compare Real Airs pricing and had to double check it wasn't the upgrade price but the full version.

ZORAN

Half price sale on FSW at Just flight until 9 July

http://www.justflight.com/category/flysimware

The developer sets the relationship between themselves and their customer, nobody else. If it's a cut-price relationship with a short-term bug fix strategy and lightweight customer support, that's the solution right there. Market forces rule !

I was hoping that FSW would be better than the South Americans (we know who they are) and their "shoot'n'scoot" mentality.

Well I now have both the 402 and the 441, I can't resist sales

The good news is that the 402 has VC reflective windows and the better news is that the 441 can display them if you copy the Glass.bmp over.

Not perfectly lined up,  it needs someone better at editing textures than I am and then it would look great.