Sign in to follow this  
marcus300zx

Poor Airport Info starting to ruin the enjoyment of the game.

The changed Runway number should have no effect on the ILS as they are ground based and not dependant on magnetic heading that much. In the FMS I see that sometimes I am looking for Runway 10 and the FMS says Runway 11 -- but I guess that's why I am the pilot (lol).

The only time I see lots of offset issues is when I have a LDA approach or a Sidestep approach.

Jim Atkins

check out "ILS Inspector" on aero.sors website .

sorry cant add more, deleted previous post by mistake , and cant work out how to add a link, currently busy completing some setup, this forum used to be easier to edit back in 2006 when I joined, now cant figure how to paste weblink here.

And just manage to delete lengthy post I made before this, cause the edit screen here seems too unintuitive to me, or not just my style,

shorter message this  

Hi, good lessons from people in the know, like Scott and DaveCT. But I still ask why planes A, B and C land 100% following ILS, bla , bla, and one plane misses it?  Could it be that something is not accurate on one of the planes? Well we should maybe try harder...

Cheers.

john

Don't know if this is related, but I am experiencing this mis-alignment sometimes when using the Saitek MultiPanel. It is not every time, but now and then the values of course and heading in the cockpit are at least 30 degrees off to what is shown on the external controller. This probably is an issue with the driver software, but it could also be, that for some reason the numbers and arrows displayed in the cockput are not in synch with the associated simulator variables. Slim chance, I know, just curious.

LORBY-SI

Hi, good lessons from people in the know, like Scott and DaveCT. But I still ask why planes A, B and C land 100% following ILS, bla , bla, and one plane misses it?  Could it be that something is not accurate on one of the planes? Well we should maybe try harder

John, t's not rocket science. If Plane A and Plane B use the default FSX/P3D navigation data, they will work as expected.

If however Plane C is using a custom navigation database (Navigraph, etc.) then it may or may not work since the data it uses does not match up 100% with the sim's data!

It really is not more complicated than that! :Nerd:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

how do we then deal with addons that  already come with custom data.

how do we roll them back to fsx.

for example pmdg, fligh1 gtn etc