Sign in to follow this  
amberfluid

Aerosoft Airbus Extended Ver 1.6

Hi,

I know this is an old topic and I've searched everywhere for a solution but haven't found one yet so I thought I'd ask anyway in the hope that someone out there that reads this has worked one out.

The auto brakes on my Aerosoft Airbus X A320 and A321 disconnect every time I land. I've tried low and medium and tried bringing the throttles to idle at a variety of hieghts i.e. 20', 30'. 40' and 50' just before landing but the deacceleration green light pops on for a second then both lights go out and I have to brake manually. I've also tried using reverse thrust and not using reverse thrust. I can't believe there isn't a solution to this very insignificant but annoying little problem.

Any help from anybody would be sincerely appreciated.

Regards

Steve 

Hardware calibrated and null zones added? Controls carefully set for

- toe brakes

- thrust lever(s)

- and speedbrakes/ground spoilers

are important here. Best to assign them through the sim settings, not through FSUIPC.

Olli is correct - controller issues are the things to look for.  There is no known bug that causes this.  Incidentally, wait for the 'retard, retard' to pull the throttle back.

DJ

Olli is correct - controller issues are the things to look for.  There is no known bug that causes this.  Incidentally, wait for the 'retard, retard' to pull the throttle back.

DJ

LOL, I always that callout was describing my landings :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1. It's a less-than-polite way to say "Olli has control".

2.a. It's the Captain insulting the First Officer.
2.b. If you hear 'retard' four times then you are one.
http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-196334.html

3. "I make a perfect (...) precision approach, and I touch the plane down very lightly, and the (...) thing calls me a retard!"
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/print.main?id=1141062

To the OP: Sorry for the OT, Steve!

Just came across this one further in the pprune thead :) 

Boeing - Designed by geniuses to be flown by idiots.

Airbus - Designed by Idiots to be flown by geniuses

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

LOL :) You're welcome. 

Jude Bradley

Hardware calibrated and null zones added? Controls carefully set for

- toe brakes

- thrust lever(s)

- and speedbrakes/ground spoilers

are important here. Best to assign them through the sim settings, not through FSUIPC.

Hi,

Thanks for responding Olli, DJ and Jude but I don't have a hardware controller, I fly only by keyboard (on autopilot and using ILS autoland), so I guess there is nothing I can do to make it work other than buy a joystick, am I right?

Regards

Steve

Hi,

Thanks for responding Olli, DJ and Jude but I don't have a hardware controller, I fly only by keyboard (on autopilot and using ILS autoland), so I guess there is nothing I can do to make it work other than buy a joystick, am I right?

Regards

Steve

I don't know about that, but if your even remotely interested in simming and you're going to be using nice addon aircraft, you should definitely invest in either a yoke, stick, and some rudder pedals if you can afford it. It will greatly increase your flight simming pleasure by having controllers.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi cmpbellsjc,

I was waiting for that one!

The fact is I fly on my desktop computer (with two screens) but it's also where I do my website work in the afternoons and record and watch TV at night and the truth is my son-in-law did buy me a Pro Flight Cessna Yoke with 3 Lever Throttle Quadrant but when it's all setup it gets in the way of all the other stuff I do on here every day so I used it once and packed it away in it's box. The truth is I actually felt a bit stupid like I was actually flying a desk and I would've preferred just a joystick that would suit flying the Airbus and Helicopters but he didn't ask me as it was a Christmas present. It took me 10 years to change over to using VC rather than 2D and that only happened after I bought a 777 that didn't have a 2D panel and then I discovered the trick of holding down the spacebar and moving the mouse to see around the VC easily but having said that we're all different and I really enjoy flying the way I do it and I just immerse myself in great aircraft and great scenery. I really enjoy going to all places I actually visited over the years as an engineer on cruise liners with P&O.

Thanks anyway.

Regards

Steve 

I really enjoy going to all places I actually visited over the years as an engineer on cruise liners with P&O.

Thanks anyway.

Regards

Steve 

That's what flight simulation is really all about. There are so many ways of finding great enjoyment in it. I really love the hobby.

Some people will build the most extensive and accurate cockpits to get their enjoyment, while others can enjoy the hobby just flying with the keyboard. There is really no right way to do it. It's just what makes you happy.

Hi Steve,

the system requirements for the AS Airbus state that you need a yoke or a joystick, a hardware throttle and a rudder (axis). Since the Airbus can also be flown with autorudder enabled, your hardware yoke actually is all you need. If you prefer a joystick instead, you should look out for one with a hardware throttle axis and a rudder 'twist'. Suggested manufacturers can be found in both the AVSIM and the AS forum.