Sign in to follow this  
ger

toga

Hi guys ,

yesterday i was performing some go arounds but can t get the toga button to work as it should be.

My situation ,

Desending on the ils with autopilot on , loc and gs captured ,mda set , vref set , fma shows spd loc gs in green and rollout flare in white .

At 400 feet , autopilot and autothrust still on , fd on , i push the toga button or the screw but nothing happens

FMA stays in spd loc gs

When taking off the toga button does work .

Hope someone can help me with this ..

Best regards

Gérard van Veldhoven

Hmmm....thats weird....should work in that config.

I have not tried a go around since the last 777 update.....maybe there is a problem.

Not at home to test it though :-(

Maybe someone else can try?

Are you using FSX, FSXSE or P3D?

Rob Robson

Hi Rob ,

i am using fsx,

strange is yesterday  i tried to use the toga button on  on a go around on a different airport , EHEH , and everything worked as it should be , , went back to  AEROSOFT EHAM rw 27 , and ONLY on this runway at EHAM   toga doesn't work , strange .., did a go around on EHAM  rw06 , 36c and didn't have any problems , went back to rw27 and toga didn't work. again .

What could possibly the reason that toga in a go around doesn't work at rw27 at EHAM

Best regards ,

Gérard van Veldhoven

Weird....makes no sence that the scenery would intefere with the aircraft.

But just to rule it out,...try a visual approach to EHAM 27. Try a go around from different heights and different flap settings woth AP and FD off, and AT either on or off.

As soon as you extend the flaps, TOGA is armed (you dont see that anywhere, but it is) and you can do a go around as allways by pushing the TOGA switch on the AT or the screw.

The FD will show (TOGA pop up feature) even if the FD switches were off!

Rob Robson

Silly question but is there a different value for the threshold altitude of the 27? I recall that some users had some issues with EHAM because of negative airport altitudes in that place. It may be not related though.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Romain,

the threshold elevation for RW27 at EHAM is -12 , the same as RW06 .Strange thing is i can use the toga button on every runway  at Eham but not at RW27 .if i push the toga button at go around RW27 i can hear the click of the toga button  but the fma don't change to toga and the thrust don't changes , tomorrow i m gonna try the visual scenario as suggested by Rob.

Silly question but is there a different value for the threshold altitude of the 27? I recall that some users had some issues with EHAM because of negative airport altitudes in that place. It may be not related though.

Its not  a silly  question since I read  in another post  that there was a  issue  with  the rwy  being  a  minus  value   about  entering  data  in the fmc   but   wasn't  related  to the op  issue  think it  was  another  related  issue

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Ok guys ,

tried the 737 and toga also didn't work on rw27 at eham , tried it at EHEH with both the 737 and the 777 and everything works perfectly, disabled EHAM in the scenery library and used the default scenery but the moment i pushed toga the cockpit of the 737 freezes , this happens only at EHAM default or addon scenery ...with the 777 nothing happens , i can hear the click of the toga button but nothing happens

Ok , i give up ,

tried different approaches with both the 737 and the 777 , with and without ap , at, fd , different flap settings , nothing works at EHAM  default  or addon ...can't get the toga setting at a go around , while i can hear the clicking when i push the toga button , or the screw,

When i make a go around at any other airport everything works fine as it should be .

Thanks for the help

When i make a go around at any other airport everything works fine as it should be .

Gerard, please put your findings in a trouble ticket submission to PMDG Product Support.  This is the best way to ensure that bugs get put into the bug tracking system and are not lost in a thread among thousands of threads.  Interesting topic.

Also, please note that PMDG likes full names on posts in their forum.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes....I think we have positively established that you are on to something.

Submit a support ticket to PMDG and have them take a look at it.

Rob Robson

Isn't computer programing a marvellous thing :P

I'm guessing some combination of airport altitude, runway heading, latitude/longitude or something is at fault?