Sign in to follow this  
onebob

MU-2 GTN750 Screen very dark

Just purchased the MU-2 yesterday, done a few short flights with the gns530. now changed to the gtn750 gps version to fine the screen is to dark to see in the vc (about just visible to notice its working), its ok in the pop up. tried putting on panel lights but no difference.

any thoughts  to what to adust?

edit  sorry  forgot info:- P3D 2.5 with hf4

bob

It may still be too dark after adjusting the brightness but outside of the simulator, run the GTN config program and adjust the brightness level to the highest setting for this aircraft.  Ignore the Flight1 warning message.  It is still a little dark for my eyes but is brighter than the default 60%.

Mike

It may still be too dark after adjusting the brightness but outside of the simulator, run the GTN config program and adjust the brightness level to the highest setting for this aircraft.  Ignore the Flight1 warning message.  It is still a little dark for my eyes but is brighter than the default 60%.

Mike

Thanks Mike for your suggestion, I will have a go later. (after dinner)

Bob

Mike

hi Mike just looked at the F1GTN config file in the turbine duke, it has a line 'VC Brightness=100', which is missing in the MU-2, copied it over and its solved the problem, I can see the gtn750 display.

ps it was in the second listings but not in the first.

bob

It is actually VCBrightness=10 which is the same as 100% in the config app.

Bert

It is actually VCBrightness=10 which is the same as 100% in the config app.

Thanks Bert, couldn't find the brightness control as Mike suggested in the 'F1gtn configurator tool' so I checked through the airplane folder in sim objects and noticed the vc brightness line was missing for the mu-2.

Just purchased the mu-2 for £14 in their July sale, working great with the gtn750.

bob

I have the same issue but cannot find VC brightness line....P3Dv4 and the A2A Piper Cherokee installed... Can someone point me to the VC line/folder where I can change my brightness?

Thanks!

On 07/12/2017 at 3:02 AM, fltsimguy said:

I have the same issue but cannot find VC brightness line....P3Dv4 and the A2A Piper Cherokee installed... Can someone point me to the VC line/folder where I can change my brightness?

Thanks!

I too am having this issue - have searched the aircraft and panel cfgs and cannot find a VCBrightness entry! Where is it/should it be?

Bill

11 minutes ago, scianoir said:
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:02 PM, fltsimguy said:

I too am having this issue - have searched the aircraft and panel cfgs and cannot find a VCBrightness entry! Where is it/should it be?

If the aircraft folder there will be a F1GTN.ini file, just add the VC brightness line to it somewhere under [GTN750], I have mine set to 10 and looks fine.

Cheers

Martin

• Upvote 1

On 07/12/2017 at 3:02 AM, fltsimguy said:

Thanks!

Bill

6 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

If the aircraft folder there will be a F1GTN.ini file, just add the VC brightness line to it somewhere under [GTN750], I have mine set to 10 and looks fine.

Cheers

Martin

Oh it's the .ini file - I was looking at the cfg files! Many thanks for the help Martin.

Kind regards,

Bill