Sign in to follow this  
KrisJ

Strange graphical issue with VC

Hi,

I am having very strange problem. See screenshot attached . My SCS Tu134's VC (this is FSX portover version) turns into this graphical mess regularly. It happens only in Full View. The only way to get rid of that is to move mouse coursor onto the Menu Bar on the top of the screen or pressing Print Screen button. Yes, strange. Funny thing is that PrintScreening does not capture the view of the issue.

I have FSX Acceleration, DX10 with Steve's Fixer and SweetFX. Removing SweetFX doesnt help. Fixer is 8x CSAA. Nvidia Inspector is 4x SGSS. All as per guides.

PCs specs: i7 4770k, GeForce 970 Strix, Win 7 x64.

Help will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Kris

The screenshot:

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Och.. Sad.

Anyway, thanks Steve.

BTW, with Il-18 portover I am also having an issue but different: cockpit windows are not transparent. Like they were painted solid grey. Do you know how to fix it it?

Best regards,

Kris

Steve, I read the thread. It is said there to create an Alpha template and save it as a DXT5.bmp. But I cannot locate which texture file should be converted (Yes, the windshield one but cannot see it anywhere in the texture folder). Can you point me to the right ones?

Legacy settings: all ticked

What do you mean by diagnostic?

The Diagnostic says that:

- Legacy A/C self shadow is set

- Legacy A/C Force shadow is set

- 8bit fix is on

- HD shadows is set.

In the Legacy section the reflections are enabled.

The problem is legacy aircraft come with all sorts of legacies. Some time you just need to let them go.

Thanks mjr. What you say probably refers to my Tu134 problem. As in case of Il18 i can see from various screenshots in the web that glass transparency issue can be solved. And I guess that is a matter of proper texture file conversion.

The question is which ones? Or maybe the solution is different?