Sign in to follow this  
jflyerguy

Shaking on Takeoff - United CRJ200

Hi all

I've just recently downloaded from the AVSIM library, the United Express CRJ-200 for FS2004, with the current livery that the airline is using as of today. Here is the filename: oscrj700uaexpress.zip

What I am encountering as soon as lifting off from the runway is the aircraft starts to  I can only venture to guess that this might be a simple change with the aircraft.cfg file, but if that is the case, what is it that I might change to fix this problem?

Thank you

-Jordan

Make sure spoilers are stowed and flaps set for takeoff. Make sure you are at the correct airspeed for the flaps schedule-not over nor under.

Look for any open doors or anything else hanging out.

Do a walk-around using spot view side views and overhead to check all of the doors and controls.

Once set up save it as a parked flight and use that to initiate the model for other flights.

Make sure spoilers are stowed and flaps set for takeoff. Make sure you are at the correct airspeed for the flaps schedule-not over nor under.

Look for any open doors or anything else hanging out.

Do a walk-around using spot view side views and overhead to check all of the doors and controls.

Once set up save it as a parked flight and use that to initiate the model for other flights.

With all this taken into consideration, still does not solve the issue unfortunately. I have included a link to video that I took showing what the aircraft(s) are doing. It isn't just this model of POSKY's Legacy 600, but it also does it with a Delta repaint of the Legacy 600 as well. I apologize, the quality of the video isn't that great, but I hope it brings the point across.

http://tinyurl.com/osbx53q

The download link you provided is a CRJ-700, not 200.

I taxied it on a runway and no oscillations occurred as in your video. They started on lift off as you declared.

There is an archive here:

http://poskyarchive.com/category/bombardier/crj-700/

which has FDE packages to install. You may wish to try the correct FDE package or at least look at the aircraft.cfg. The .air file is also supplied. There is also an service pack 1 listed.

I found the original download too sensitive to pitch either manually or on a/p. I was only running at 280 knots at 10,000 feet. Back up by renaming the original .air and aircraft.cfg files and installing the updated .air and aircraft.cfg for the correct version (ER, etc.) that this is.

I did not check in this quick test weight and balance.

I experienced the same thing a long time ago. Someone told me that it has something to do with the maximum speed of 250 kt's below 10.000 ft. Flying faster means shaking of the plane.