Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Carenado Navajo....bought it.

*Edit*

Just wondering about the Sound, more specifically the sound of outside when the windows are open and engines are on, then you close the windows,  Does the sound change?  

Fantastic looking plane 

Could someone please answer poppet, shes starting to annoy me  with her silly questions  :ph34r:

Guest Mik75

I like their work as well. The look and feel is absolutely top class. My favourites at the moment are the Hawker and the PC-12 (with the excellent mods done by some great people here on AVSIM)
The Navajo looks very tempting too! :-)

Edited by n4gix
Removed double posted text.

Could someone please answer poppet, shes starting to annoy me  with her silly questions  :ph34r:

There are just two tiny little vent windows but believe it or not, yes, you can hear the wind rush in when you open one in flight (sounds awful! ...like something you really shouldn't do!). It doesn't appear the engine sounds change when you open it taxiing around on the ramp.

Reading this topic makes me a little sad. I have been in the flightsim-scene since 1982 and we have come a long way. Carenado does a wonderfull job. I am certainly NOT a CTRL-E pilot but I realize that I am not a pilot at all. I enjoy the virtual flying in beautiful scenery and I am amazed by the speed of computers and graphic cards these days. All comparison to real aviation are nonsense. You can not technically compare a 80 dollar flightsim to the x-million real thing or a x-million simulator of the real thing. The aircraft of PMDG, Aerosoft and Carenado plus the scenery of a.o. ORBX, combined with things like a virtual airline or/and FS Economy gives an enormous joy for countless hours of desktop flying. Nothing is perfect and it will never be.... but the aircraft of Carenado, especially the most recent ones gives the LOOK and FEEL of the real thing. Look at it in this perspective. We have beautiful aircraft, very realistic scenery and powerful computers. A member of the virtual airline FlyUK made a recent video about the Carenado Cessna 404 Titan ( recent release) that emphasis why I like their planes so very much and why I still, since 1982, fly sky-high in Flightsimulator. Please have a look and relax ;-) 

https://youtu.be/9GTysE-uXlw

After reading that on their website, I came to the conclusion that these guys have little knowledge or ability in all things aircraft. That comment above is embarrassing. 

Perhaps we each read that post differently! What I read was that Carenado does not simulate ITT in FSX to make it look like something is happening with engine performance that is not really there. If that is true, if that performance is not there in FSX then wouldn't simulating something that is not really there be its own form of "eye candy"? Note that I said "if that is true".

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

If the basic flaw is inherent in FSX, and I assume this flaw also exists in FSX Steam and in P3D, then it appears that all of the flight sim developers (not just Carenado's developers) "have little knowledge or ability in all things aircraft."

Maybe we should all just give up and go do something where perfection prevails, like playing golf.

I use CTRL-e a lot.  I don't have a real airplane panel in front of me. With more modern aircraft, since WWII, there is a built in flow of control use. A left to right hand type of setup. It makes operation smooth, and not constantly moving hands over one another. My keyboard, mouse and switches on my joystick.................don't create this "flow".  It takes much more time to start a simulated airplane,  when following all procedures, than in real life.  When in the mood, I'll do a proper shutdown, sometimes.  

I use CTRL-e a lot. I don't have a real airplane panel in front of me. With more modern aircraft, since WWII, there is a built in flow of control use. A left to right hand type of setup. It makes operation smooth, and not constantly moving hands over one another. My keyboard, mouse and switches on my joystick.................don't create this "flow". It takes much more time to start a simulated airplane, when following all procedures, than in real life. When in the mood, I'll do a proper shutdown, sometimes.

This exactly

Unless you have a realistic sim the whole point is moot. Tactile feedback is king and mouse clicking on tiny clickspots isn't.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm with Jim. I'm going over there right now and get one. I'll park it between the Carenado King Air's and Seneca's. I haven't been disappointed yet. They make good stuff. It's a hobby guys, enjoy. You want realism, go take flying lessons.

Don Nelson

I'm with Jim. I'm going over there right now and get one. I'll park it between the Carenado King Air's and Seneca's. I haven't been disappointed yet. They make good stuff. It's a hobby guys, enjoy. You want realism, go take flying lessons.

and if you live in The Tampa Bay area, don't hesitate to call me for a discovery flight.  :P

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

There are just two tiny little vent windows but believe it or not, yes, you can hear the wind rush in when you open one in flight (sounds awful! ...like something you really shouldn't do!). It doesn't appear the engine sounds change when you open it taxiing around on the ramp.

Thank you Jim,  This answers it alright.       Smashing looking plane 

Cntrl E ROCKS!   I'm not a real pilot, but when I want to fly, I fly to enjoy the wonderful scenery, the accurate runways at airports around the world, hitting the ILS perfectly, and enjoying the plane.  For me, Carenado does a wonderful job of taking me to all the areas of Flight Simulation that I enjoy.  If you want total realism...get in a real plane and fly it!

Stan

Probably one of the better done videos I've seen.  I saw a post that said the 404 was nicer than this one but they look pretty similar.  After looking at both, it looks like the nightlighting on the 404 is nicer.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

That was an excellent video! The 404 looks nicer to me because it's just an all around better looking airplane, lol!

I just did a few hand flown approaches/missed approaches at O22 Columbia, CA (Rwy 35 LNAV+V, IIRC) though and the handling is just excellent, I think better than the Titan because it had a tendency to tighten up on roll which meant a lot of opposite aileron, this not quite so much so. The sounds are killer but I hate the wind sound when you're sitting on the ramp with the engines off (it's flippin loud!). If that's bothering anyone else there's a few "paragraphs" at the end of the sound.cfg labeled:

////////////////////
//    New Wind
////////////////////

...that you can delete or comment out. Make a backup, yada, yada...

I think it looks nice, sounds nice and will be fun for flying the islands. An easy "jump in and have fun" plane. Sometimes a study sim just doesn't fit the mood, and this one looks appropriate.

I agree with that sentiment. Sometimes after weeks of flying PMDG planes to the letter, I like to jump into the their Cessna 337 and just do a little site seeing. I don't always need 100% accurate planes and FDE's to have a good time.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator