Sign in to follow this  
bcchickadee

Problem in FSX that I can't describe

Hello. I have a massive problem with FSX (though not crashing)
First, the program loads way faster than normal when started.
Then, in the "Free Flight" page, the flight model (?) doesn't load. :o

9sKiEc2.jpg

So I just ignored it and clicked "Fly Now!". Again, loading is super fast. And now is the biggest problem: It appears to have weird white "things" when I click on it. Some AI traffic do appear when I switch the camera to them, but nothing else displays. This is a problem I've never encountered before; I've tried everything, from deleting fsx.cfg, sceneries.cfg, disabling all scenery files and addons, and everything you can think of. Does anyone have a solution to this? :unsure:
Video Link : https://youtu.be/XC5_7zop0hk

Regards,
Ryan

You could try running the "repair" option from your original discs.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

are u using ENB series?  that appears to be something off with shaders.

also directx 10 is that enabled?  i would backup ur fsx.cfg and ether delete or rename it and then let FSX recreate new one. and see if that fixes it.

also u didnt say what video card u using?  if NVIDIA reset all driver settings under display properties i assume you do not use NI so that would be another thing to check if you are.

Make sure the color depth on your video card is set at 32 bit and not 16 bit.  The A340 is probably not capable of displaying at 16 bit (but default aircraft are). 

Whenever an aircraft does not display in the preview window, it indicates your aircraft is not properly installed.  This happens with default aircraft too when you go in and modify the aircraft.cfg to add a new aircraft and forget to correctly show the path to the textures or to the panel.cfg or gave it a wrong new name.

I doubt the problem is the shader cache.  The aircraft and scenery haven't even loaded yet. 

Does it happen with the default aircraft too or just the A340?  If the default aircraft display, then load the free flight using the default.  Once loaded, then load the A340 from the Menu.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well, even the default aircraft won't display. What is the issue?

Also, color depth is set on : True Color (32-bit), 1920x1080, 60 Hz.

Okay, now loading starts at 'Creating air, land and sea traffic (88% or thereabouts)' and when loading is complete, it stays still. When I click on it, game crashes.

Try disabling your AI traffic file. If it is MyTraffic, just uncheck the entry in the Scenery Library for MyTraffic.

When loading textures and they are not there or not where they are suppose to be, then FSX will not load. See page 11 of the AVSIM CTD Guide.

In the Graphics section of your FSX.cfg, do you have the parameter - highmemfix=1 entered?

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I somehow have it partly fixed, although I have another problem: It doesn't have an ocean (appears all white). Unchecking 'Preview DirectX 10' has fixed the problem, in a bizarre way..

Many textures are not DX10 compatible. That is probably the reason why the aircraft did not show up in the preview screen. Had no idea you had DX10 Preview enabled. That explains everything.

Over at Flight One they have a product called "Addon_ConverterX" which converts old FS9 textures to DX10 textures on the fly. You can run the program for 20 minutes at a time to see if this fixes your problem before purchasing.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM