Sign in to follow this  
Demious

UTX problem north of the Netherlands

Well, it's not truly a UTX problem. I had this before with FTX Vector/OpenLC as well, but since I read that UTX would be better and more accurate, I decided to give UTX a change, but as it turns out, it's actually as bad as it was with FTX...

The problem is the water in the better part of the north of the Netherlands. Especially in North and South Holland, as well as Utrecht, are large areas where there are lots of small, 5-6ft wide, streams IN BETWEEN the field. These are visible from the air, but you have to look for them, they dont dominate the scenery in any way. But what I see with either FTX or UTX LC and vector data turned on, are much larger areas than should be, where full grown canals are running ACROSS everything, dominating the whole scenery in a huge and majorly destructive way!

Just to give an idea of what the natural feel is of the area, I took a shot from Google Earth (not that I expect a 1:1 copy, but just to show how crazy the difference is between what is natural and how destructive FTX and UTX are in the sim). On the left and the right of the picture you can see a couple of areas where those streams are visible and note the area in between where are none at all.

1%20Google_zpsvb5vukmd.jpg

This is what I get with FTX:

2%20FTX_zpshtetmoio.jpg

And this is what I get with UTX

2%20UTX_zpsudtheard.jpg

As you can see, those 'small' streams are tearing up the landscape in a major way!

What can I do to come to anything that looks at least reasonably natural?

Cheers!

Maarten

Yeah have the same issue with global+vector+openLC. Never found a solution. Best way is probably to ask ORBX directly at their forums.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

If there would be any actual support, I would have, but since I'm still waiting for help with the last 10-15 problems, I posted over the past couple of years, which I never got any answers for, I rather try it somewhere where I can expect a response. :P

Cheers!

Maarten

Wondering whether that might not be a mesh issue rather than landclass or vector ?

Is that land below sea level by any chance ?

I'm pretty sure it's below sea level, indeed. What I did notice is that when I only turned on FTX OpenLC, it was gone, so it's the vector data that does this.

If you think this can be caused by the Mesh (using FreeMesh), do you, by any chance, know where I could find some info about it? Anything at all that might give me a lead to look further would be great, already

Cheers!

Maarten

Sorry, not aware of any leads to cure the problem, but if you turn off tessellation, what does it look like then ?

The developer forums are well aware of a point shift issue with tessellation in P3D, probably caused by round earth mapping and adjustment. I believe L-M still have it on their list of things to look at, but maybe Rob A knows more ? 

I found an answer, although it wasnt the answer I was hoping for. It's the structure of the textures underneath, that dont line up with the vector data, which places the water, and this cant be changed. So my options are: take it as it is, or not use vector data.

I tested it with FTX OpenLC without FTX Vector and indeed, the problem is a whole lot less then what you see in the pictures.

Still, thanks for your input, Louis! :)

Cheers!

Maarten