Sign in to follow this  
Kling92

ASN for P3D wont open

I installed P3D for the first time today on a brand new build system.

I also installed Active sky next for P3D. The installation went fine but when I doubleclick on the icon to run ASN nothing happens. No matter how many times I try on the shortcut or in the root folder.. I reinstalled, no help.

I passed ASN through the firewall but nor that helped. 

ASN does not show up in the task manager nither. It simply doesnt react when I try to start it.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

Do you have the correct version of ASN installed?

Version no 5665 is working ok for me.

I downloaded it today from simmarket its B5589

I will try B5660 (the latest beta for P3D and report

Be sure to install as Administrator.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5589's working fine on my Win7 64-bit machine.  Yours has to be a local issue, not sure what.

If you uninstall/reinstall, I'd delete everything left in */appdata/roaming/hifi/asnp3d folder prior to reboot/reinstall.

I installed P3D for the first time today on a brand new build system.

I also installed Active sky next for P3D. The installation went fine but when I doubleclick on the icon to run ASN nothing happens. No matter how many times I try on the shortcut or in the root folder.. I reinstalled, no help.

I passed ASN through the firewall but nor that helped. 

ASN does not show up in the task manager nither. It simply doesnt react when I try to start it.

Thanks for your help

What version did you download, if its 2.5 this is the latest ver :- hotfix to bring all previous v2.5s to 2.5.12946.0 (hotfix 4).

you need to check with asn if their latest ver needs this hotfix 4 from p3d ( ie check which ver of ASN your using matches the ver of p3d)

if you use the last version of P3D you need the B5655 B5660 (last update on line in hifi site)

JL

I don't think any of the hotfix's are cumulative, just look what is in them. None of them include what was in the previous. You need all, in order. That is why they are called hotfix's.

If you have kept up with hotfix's then you need ASN (beta) 5660, just out the last couple of days. I have found the turbulence effects a whole lot better in new beta. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

they are cumulative, msg from LM site : "Below is a hotfix to bring all previous v2.5s to 2.5.12946.0 (hotfix 4)."

And you're right the last version is B5660.

I downloaded prepar3d from their website yesterday so it already contains the hotfix. I have tried both the latest stable and beta versions with the same result...

Now I have realized that the same issue goes for the FSX version.

Keep in mind that there are no error messages or anything like that. I simply cannot run the program. It does not start when I click on it... i have filed a ticket to HIFItech but they take forever. 

So this is intresting... both the P3D and FSX version of ASN works in Windows safe mode. What does that tell us?

I downloaded prepar3d from their website yesterday so it already contains the hotfix. I have tried both the latest stable and beta versions with the same result...

Now I have realized that the same issue goes for the FSX version.

Keep in mind that there are no error messages or anything like that. I simply cannot run the program. It does not start when I click on it... i have filed a ticket to HIFItech but they take forever.

Are you up to date with FSUIPC4, ver 'n' at the moment, you could try that,

another thought, have a look at the exe.xml file to see if there is an entry for ASN .

something like this

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

bob

I might have a solution for you.  I run ASN for FSX, and yesterday afternoon (about the same time as the OP) it did exactly as you describe, it just failed to open at all.

Are you an AVG anti-virus user, by any chance?  I am, and AVG had just done an update.  I tried turning AVG off to test, and hey presto, ASN worked.  So I added ASN to the exceptions in AVG, which I don't recall needing to do before, and now ASN is back to normal.  So it looks like this AVG update has thrown a little spanner into ASN's works, but it's easily fixed.

Hope this might help!

I might have a solution for you.  I run ASN for FSX, and yesterday afternoon (about the same time as the OP) it did exactly as you describe, it just failed to open at all.

Are you an AVG anti-virus user, by any chance?  I am, and AVG had just done an update.  I tried turning AVG off to test, and hey presto, ASN worked.  So I added ASN to the exceptions in AVG, which I don't recall needing to do before, and now ASN is back to normal.  So it looks like this AVG update has thrown a little spanner into ASN's works, but it's easily fixed.

Hope this might help!

that's a good point, ASN do point out in their 'set-up' procedure the problems with 'Aggressive' Security programs which may stop or alter files during the installation.