Sign in to follow this  
Manny

PMDG 777 - 200 loaded Cold and dark.... How to reset it to start with with all on?

I don';t know what I pressed on the FMC... now when I load the 777 200..its cold and dark. I don't want this status.. I want it like when I initially installed.. Ready to go.

What do I do to get that status? In cold and dark... I can't turn on the FMC/CDU to load an aircraft status.

My 777-300 is ok.

Short of reinstalling the PMDG 777.. what do can I do?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Turn the battery ON then you will have power then reset the panel state in the FMC

Turn the battery ON

Thanks David.. I shall try that out.

also in cold and dark just hold down the menu button on the fmc for a few sec and the fmc works with no power on

err   isn't  this mentioned  in the introduction  manual on how  to set up your panel states?

PMDG have a panel state in the FMC. In fact there are two - 'long' which is a state with ground power connected and 'short' which is running off the APU. Cold and dark is almost unknown for a 777 pilot to experience. Our 777 guy has only ever started one from cold and dark once and that was when the Captain hit the ground power switches to off before the APU was running! Apparently in the real one that causes a lot of the systems on board to crash and is a real headache to resolve.

The only time to use C&D is if your using the 777F

Long imo is the right one for the 777 pax

cold and dark is required for my VA, i guess i could use long or short startup,i feel as if its more fun to complete the plane from cold and dark anyway,the 777 is one of the easiest to start cold and dark