Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

I cannot get P3d to Open

Yes, that certainly is not the default Prepar3D.cfg, or else there wouldn't be this line:

SimObjectPathsRemarks=These entries were automatically added from SimObjects.cfg by Migration Tool. Set RepairConfig=0 in MigrationTool.cfg to disable.
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim

delete it and start prepar3d - that should build you a new one. It still won't start since you deleted the default flight.
Now go to your Documents directory (something like C:\Users\fakeflyer737\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files) and copy any of the flights there (extension .fxml) to one named Default.fxml. That should get you started again IF the missing default flight file is the only problem left.

edit: on second thought and looking at that line I copied above - since you apparently have the Migration Tool installed: Does that have an entry in the DLL.XML that gets executed before prepar3d starts and messes up the newly generated Prepar3D.cfg? I don't use or know anything about that tool but as is says right there in the line - maybe you should try to "Set RepairConfig=0 in MigrationTool.cfg".

Yes, that certainly is not the default Prepar3D.cfg, or else there wouldn't be this line:

SimObjectPathsRemarks=These entries were automatically added from SimObjects.cfg by Migration Tool. Set RepairConfig=0 in MigrationTool.cfg to disable.
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim

delete it and start prepar3d - that should build you a new one. It still won't start since you deleted the default flight.
Now go to your Documents directory (something like C:\Users\fakeflyer737\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files) and copy any of the flights there (extension .fxml) to one named Default.fxml. That should get you started again IF the missing default flight file is the only problem left.

edit: on second thought and looking at that line I copied above - since you apparently have the Migration Tool installed: Does that have an entry in the DLL.XML that gets executed before prepar3d starts and messes up the newly generated Prepar3D.cfg? I don't use or know anything about that tool but as is says right there in the line - maybe you should try to "Set RepairConfig=0 in MigrationTool.cfg".

Hi I deleted all my saved flights, can you send me one of yours so I can put it in there?

Cheers

o and I deleted my CFG and P3D keeps building me that one I sent you guys.

and for some reason I have nothing in my Effects folder where the Shader folder is, something is really really screwed up here.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi I deleted all my saved flights, can you send me one of yours so I can put it in there?

Cheers

o and I deleted my CFG and P3D keeps building me that one I sent you guys.

and for some reason I have nothing in my Effects folder where the Shader folder is, something is really really screwed up here.

Not sure exactly whats going on but there is nothing in my effects folder either 

Have you given admin rights to all of your various p3d folders - get takeownership program its a reg hack works perfectly download it and double click it - after just right click on your folders and click takeownership and let it run till its done some folders take a bit of time dont stop it - works everytime - do all folders and make sure windows uac is off

Rich Sennett

I think the Estonia Migration tool really screwed up my install. I tried to open it because it backs everything up but it says that the Migration Tool isnt compatible with Winds 7 64x

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I think the Estonia Migration tool really screwed up my install. I tried to open it because it backs everything up but it says that the Migration Tool isnt compatible with Winds 7 64x

Never had a problem with it - first uninstall it then try to get p3d running also uninstall smaller programs to see if that helps to get you back in

Rich Sennett

Never had a problem with it - first uninstall it then try to get p3d running also uninstall smaller programs to see if that helps to get you back in

OK so I think I've tried everything and Im probably making it worse by "trying" things so I'm going to do the reinstall. Is P3D 2.6 anywhere near release (will there be a 2.6)? If its coming I'll wait for it.

Ron Hamilton

OK so I think I've tried everything and Im probably making it worse by "trying" things so I'm going to do the reinstall. Is P3D 2.6 anywhere near release (will there be a 2.6)? If its coming I'll wait for it.

Theirs a newer version coming out how long no idea - I wouldn't wait could be a while

Rich Sennett