Sign in to follow this  

FSX SE installation?

When I run the installer for the base package for FSX SE, it says repair or remove, shall I just select the repair hoping it will do a fresh install to the FSX SE location?

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Have you had FSX previously installed? if so you want all traces of that removed or a lot of add ons wont work. Best solution is to format your drive , next best is use a registry cleaner like CC cleaner

ZORAN

Best solution is to format your drive , next best is use a registry cleaner like CC cleaner

Please do not post erroneous information like this.

When I run the installer for the base package for FSX SE, it says repair or remove, shall I just select the repair hoping it will do a fresh install to the FSX SE location?

You may be able to successfully update the product using REPAIR.  It will not hurt to try. If you have any problems then go ahead and remove and install then new update.  The updates are complete installers and do not need the previous installation to work for you.

Dan Downs KCRP

oops my mistake, misread the post. Defiantly do NOT format anything!

ZORAN

Thanks for the tips had to remove then re-install. The installer asks which version to install to . Thanks :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

777 I installs just fine but liveries do not and I have yet to see a solution. This is for the SE edition alongside a legacy.

spacer.png

777 I installs just fine but liveries do not and I have yet to see a solution. This is for the SE edition alongside a legacy.

I beta tested the installer with concurrent FSX/FSXSE installs.  The OC is very good at detecting most errors with liveries but it cannot correct registry errors.

The upgrade instructions include running the OC before you remove current version or install new, this gives the OC a current "snapshot" of installed liveries.  Even if you don't do that, it will ask you about the livery errors it does find.

Chris, a little more information please on your problem with liveries.  What is and is not happening? Are the liveries you had before the install there okay but you cannot install new liveries, or what?

EDIT:  I see you have posted this complaint in other threads, but have not yet found a description of your problem with enough information to understand the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP