Sign in to follow this  

I wasn't in the market for a twin but I'm in the mood to do some island hopping.  Been looking back and forth at these two airplanes.  Personally, I think I'd rather have the Navajo but, honestly, the 404 looks better.  Fewer bugs, at this point, nicer nightlighting, better views.  What sayest the community?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Interesting.  I'm the same, like the look of these 2 for something different, other then my usual stuff.   Love the beaten look of the 404 VC.  People are saying the 404 is a better bet all round.

Would be good to hear some feedback alright. 

I just got the 404 and absolutely love it, I am always hesitant with Alabeo/Carenado stuff but chose to buy from the alabeo.com store as they do offer a refund if you choose not to like the product.

The 403 in the plane is nice but that's about it, I haven't purchased the flight 1 750 yet so I can't really say if that feature works. The AP works brilliantly as it should tracking "old" style nav equipment.

The flight dynamics "feel" right, although the biggest twin I've flown is a Seminole and have about 50 hours in it. Overall I'm very happy with it especially running around the smaller Florida Airports.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

We lost the DME when we installed the GTN750 in the Titan, the Navajo retains the DME (two actually, one for NAV 1 and another for NAV2) when you install the GTN. That's a plus 1 for the Navajo.

We lost the DME when we installed the GTN750 in the Titan, the Navajo retains the DME (two actually, one for NAV 1 and another for NAV2) when you install the GTN. That's a plus 1 for the Navajo.

I think I can tweak that.  No need for a transponder with the GTN750.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I think I can tweak that.  No need for a transponder with the GTN750.

What does a XPNDR have to do with the GTN?  Are you going to make the screen smaller or something?

Also, it's 3 more bucks for the Navajo....  I wonder what corners were cut (or weren't) in the 404...  As we know Alabeo used to be the "value" line for Carenado... but now we're 3 bucks apart hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What does a XPNDR have to do with the GTN? Are you going to make the screen smaller or something?

The GTN has a XPDR in it.  Don't need the other one so I could move the DME to where the transponder is.

Gregg Seipp

The GTN has a XPDR in it.  Don't need the other one so I could move the DME to where the transponder is.

Ahh, gotcha...  I think I did that in their Saratoga (or alabeo's etc)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I posted this in another thread.  I'm surprised at how heavy the controls are in this aircraft.  Takes a lot of aileron to get it to roll.  Not saying it's wrong...just surprised.  It flies well.  I do think the CHT is *very* wrong and the fuel flow may be off as well.  The docs are scant and there's hardly anything on the web, but the marks on the fuel flow indicator show that a higher flow should be used on takeoff and climb.  I couldn't get the needles up there.  Checked my calibration and all is okay. 

Gregg Seipp

I purchased them both, first it was the C404 and then the Navajo after so much thinking about it...the C404 is heavier, bigger, and you can leave the ground with 8 pax in a simple 4 rows cabin layout, while the Navajo only 4 pax as club seating...I'm really dissapointed that they didn't inluded the 5 or 6 seat...it does have the enough room, they did the holes on the floor and there are the windows for it!!!, anyway...that's a complete down side for me...would have been much, much better, if it had 5 seats at least...

I like them both, both are great!, neither of them is better than the other one, in terms of quality or FDE's...it only it depends on what you prefer...or you need...the C404 as I said, is heavier, 8 pax, faster and powerful (375hp per side) and 2,000nm max range...Navajo 4 pax, lighter, 310hp per side and 1,000nm max range...

I prefer the C404, because is 3 bucks cheaper and you have a bigger and faster aircraft...but I'm happy with both...the Navajo, was never my cup of tea, those extremely big windows compared to other aircrafts, are quite annoying...haha but that's just me...I'm starting to like it a bit more...

• Upvote 1

I prefer the C404, because is 3 bucks cheaper and you have a bigger and faster aircraft...but I'm happy with both...the Navajo, was never my cup of tea, those extremely big windows compared to other aircrafts, are quite annoying...haha but that's just me...I'm starting to like it a bit more...

Ha.  The 3 bucks cheaper actually played into my decision too.  I don't ever take a 1,000 mile flight but...who knows?  The 404 seemed more like the island hopping plane I wanted so that's what I've got.  I can't imagine myself flying it a lot since I have no guidance for flying it at all besides the checklist which is very brief and has ambiguous phrases like "Check ______."  Check for what?  This will be a fly by guess airplane.  The Navajo, being a much, much more popular airplane does have some good info out there on how to fly it.  I'll wait and see what they fix and consider it when I'm looking for another twin.

Gregg Seipp

Ha.  The 3 bucks cheaper actually played into my decision too.  I don't ever take a 1,000 mile flight but...who knows?  The 404 seemed more like the island hopping plane I wanted so that's what I've got.  I can't imagine myself flying it a lot since I have no guidance for flying it at all besides the checklist which is very brief and has ambiguous phrases like "Check ______."  Check for what?  This will be a fly by guess airplane.  The Navajo, being a much, much more popular airplane does have some good info out there on how to fly it.  I'll wait and see what they fix and consider it when I'm looking for another twin.

hahaha yeah, as I have both of them, me too, I like the size and power of the C404, which is much better than the Navajo, but yeah, the Navajo is much more popular...anyway...

The Navaho seems well done, but since I already own a well maintained Beech Piston Duke, why would I want to own an old "station wagon" as well?

I guess I have more airplanes than I know what to do with  :unsure:

Bert

The 3 planes are in different categories, different weight, capacity, power, the Duke it's obvious it's a luxurious plane powerful, and pressurized. The titan it's a work horse, it's a truck you can load with people or cargo and fly far and safe, the engines are a bit delicate thanks to the gear box, a bad use of the engine in the time can be fatal to the engine. And for last the Navajo, the C. (carenado model) it's ideal for charter, private use, cargo too, it's a rentable plane easy on the maintenance, you can make a decision if you have bucks go for the two planes if You only have for one it's your choice my friend.

Regards from Spain

The 3 planes are in different categories, different weight, capacity, power, the Duke it's obvious it's a luxurious plane powerful, and pressurized. The titan it's a work horse, it's a truck you can load with people or cargo and fly far and safe, the engines are a bit delicate thanks to the gear box, a bad use of the engine in the time can be fatal to the engine. And for last the Navajo, the C. (carenado model) it's ideal for charter, private use, cargo too, it's a rentable plane easy on the maintenance, you can make a decision if you have bucks go for the two planes if You only have for one it's your choice my friend.

Regards from Spain