Sign in to follow this  
brianbash

First flight on the newest build of Windows 10...

:o  

I don't know what they've done...but I need new underwear...again...

My FPS have jumped by 12. Everyone of my sliders is to the the right (except AI, of course). I'm sitting here at KDCA by TropicalSim in the PMDG -800 of WestJet flair, watching my FPS hanging out with no problem at 36. I was hovering around 20 before I did a clean install of Windows 10 with a clean install of P3D. Everything looks incredibly sharper...I can't explain it...

AND I'M ON MY LAPTOP!!!!!!

MSi GS70 i7-4710K 2.5 Ghz

16GB Ram

GTX970m with 3GB DDR5

NO OVERCLOCKING/BOOSTING

I went back to Windows 8.1 2 weeks ago just to compare...I noticed it was running slower than Windows 10...not like this though guys!

Do you guys realize, and I know we all have the "tweak our flightsim until it dies" that after nearly 30 years...we may have it...

Go get your pre-release copy NOW!! Totally worth the time to reinstall everything.

Mano y Mano...stock up on some hanes and get a pillow for your seat. I needed one...

Ill post photos on the SS forum later....but I can tell you they wont do it justice...

Back to DCA I go...time to procrastinate my passengers a little more...I've gotta finish my mess...

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

Good stuff Brian. Just a couple more weeks now for RTM ^_^

That Is still a beta version, right? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Have you had any compatibility issues at all? ASN, a2a, f1 gtn, Rex, orbx? You make a very compelling case for not waiting for the rtm, I'm getting very interested with all this win10 dx12 buzz!

AND I'M ON MY LAPTOP!!!!!!

Have you tried it on your desktop?

I wonder what could be causing such a large performance gain.

Brian,

Wondering if I can have a bit of fun with this: you're the second coming of 'Sesquashtoo'!

Seriously, your enthusiasm is a great thing to see and I'm glad its P3D related. Thanks for posting and I look forward to some screen shots. 

cheers,

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I wonder what could be causing such a large performance gain.

Well, I did install Air Traffic manager and that helped immensely! Especially in NYC. Now the planes at the gate at EWR dont affect me when I'm departing KLGA!

Have you had any compatibility issues at all? ASN, a2a, f1 gtn, Rex, orbx? You make a very compelling case for not waiting for the rtm, I'm getting very interested with all this win10 dx12 buzz!

Have you tried it on your desktop?

I actually don't have a desktop. Im a soundguy for artists and a lot of my time is spent on a tour bus/in hotel rooms and I needed a way to keep my chops up...especially because Im picking up my first plane in 3 weeks (!!!!) 1979 Piper Aztec :)

I have no idea what could be causing the gains...maybe Microsoft got it it right...or they messed us all in the head with Windows 8 that anything would seem god-like.

Also, It's as stable as a rock. As I type this in Chrome I am waiting at the gate in DCA (TropicalSim) in a Westjet PMDG 737-700 with ASN, REX Clouds, MyTraffic X, VOX ATC and 3 24" monitors running 26 FPS...on my laptop!!

---Brian Bash---

Also, It's as stable as a rock. As I type this in Chrome I am waiting at the gate in DCA (TropicalSim) in a Westjet PMDG 737-700 with ASN, REX Clouds, MyTraffic X, VOX ATC and 3 24" monitors running 26 FPS...on my laptop!!

Holy crap, this seems too good to be true. I'm thinking I might have to take a leap of faith and do a win10 clean install. Keep us posted!!

Does your Win 10 version include DX12? Does the driver for your graphics adapter already support it?

While Prepar3d does not yet have native DX12 support, I was always asking myself it there could be an advantage alone via driver/adapter DX12 support. Maybe someone of the experts can comment on this.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I installed Windows10 last week. Absolutely 0 performance jump. About the same performance, perhaps a little worse. I am running the Nvidia Win10 drivers on my SLI Rig. 

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

So guys, I just remembered what I tried in my wave of installing everything again....

I used "Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer"

Im telling you, the results are so stunning...trust me....about to post some screen shots right now....just got to cruise...

---Brian Bash---

Brian,

Wondering if I can have a bit of fun with this: you're the second coming of 'Sesquashtoo'!

Seriously, your enthusiasm is a great thing to see and I'm glad its P3D related. Thanks for posting and I look forward to some screen shots. 

cheers,

Greg

Greg,

I am so pumped right now. I am in awwwww....I know what I'm doing ALL DAY TODAY! Im even gonna make a video and make some music behind it. Gotta love having a studio in my house :)

I know people get frustrated....but lets not forget the reason we are all here anyways. I've been using FlightSim since version 4.0 on a mac. I remember getting giddy when 5.1 came out with actual clouds!!! Damn that was long ago...I'm 32 so I've been doing this...forever...

Oh yeah, screens are going up RIGHT NOW....

---Brian Bash---

Well, I did install Air Traffic manager and that helped immensely!

So this tells me it may not be entirely Windows 10 related.

When making performance improvement claims, the situation needs to be an apples to apples comparison.  Same scenery, same add-ons, same planes, same mods, etc.

How could DX10 fixer work in P3D? Are you talking about FSX?

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11