Sign in to follow this  
brianbash

First flight on the newest build of Windows 10...

I'm starting to think the bee es flag needs to go up on this thread. Doesn't sound like a few of the things mention in this thread are even possible, especially on a lap top just by going to Win 10.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

seems like a dangerous bridge to cross, if you know what I mean.

However, there is the possibility.  i have read ... somewhere ... that some older dx calls will go through optimized dx12 code.  But don't ask me where that was.  All I can tell you is that I take this stuff seriously and I did see it.  I didn't track it at the time because I didn't think it would be unique information.  I can also say that I noted it was from a reliable source, and may have been from something like an insider whitepaper.  Was going to be one of the last things put in place.

I'm starting to think the bee es flag needs to go up on this thread. Doesn't sound like a few of the things mention in this thread are even possible, especially on a lap top just by going to Win 10.

Let's not be too quick on that, I'll do a clean load of the newest win10 build, newest nvidia beta drivers, asus ROG win10 beta mobo drivers, and I will clone my p3d install. I had every intention of loading win10 as soon as I could anyway. I'll keep the testing asformal as possible and report whatever I find out. We all have different rigs, so I'll keep mine as lean as I can and not install anything else that will remove available overhead. So far people are reporting decent stability, so this should be reasonably easy to do. Any addons I have now I will test for compatibility and list working or not. Here we go.

Hi denali, it was on a thread I started regarding Win10.

Performance improvements may depend on individual builds, but I can tell you guys one thing... My P3Dv2.5 on Win10 build 10162 runs rock solid, no crashes, no incompatibilities with any add-ons I run (scenery, planes, etc), and I want to support the OP, textures does seem clearer. Placebo? I thought so, until mentioned here as well.

Windows 8.1 and older will not see me again... 

Placebo? I thought so, until mentioned here as well.

That's good, more mental preparation!

Hi denali, it was on a thread I started regarding Win10.

Performance improvements may depend on individual builds, but I can tell you guys one thing... My P3Dv2.5 on Win10 build 10162 runs rock solid, no crashes, no incompatibilities with any add-ons I run (scenery, planes, etc), and I want to support the OP, textures does seem clearer. Placebo? I thought so, until mentioned here as well.

Windows 8.1 and older will not see me again... 

I get the exact same results with Windows 7.    B)

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Does anyone know how, or if, we will be able to do a FREE clean install once the Win10 update is released? I do believe that clean installs always start out rocking but over time doing installs/uninstalls things slow down dramatically. I really don't want an updated OS, would rather a bran new one and preferably free...  :rolleyes:

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Does anyone know how, or if, we will be able to do a FREE clean install once the Win10 update is released?

Yes you will. This was address a few months ago. Basically you run the update on your current OS to update to 10. Then you can download the iso and do a fresh install.

Using your current license of course.

For any others looking at win10, looks like the RTM will be build 10176, and should be signed off on this week.

I wonder why Lockheed Martin is remaining mom about supporting DX 12…

It's been out for months and months!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Go easy Guys do not want to scare people from posting Their findings - in one way or the other it helps Us All

I wonder why Lockheed Martin is remaining mom about supporting DX 12…

It's been out for months and months!

Chas

Saving it for 64bit version

Rich Sennett

Yes you will. This was address a few months ago. Basically you run the update on your current OS to update to 10. Then you can download the iso and do a fresh install.

Using your current license of course.

For any others looking at win10, looks like the RTM will be build 10176, and should be signed off on this week.

Thank you for the reply OWK. Sounds like a plan..

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Thank you for the reply OWK. Sounds like a plan..

Ain't no thing. If you wanted to you have another option. Get in with the beta build now and you will have first crack to the rtm release. Otherwise Microsoft will update you in one of many "waves". Who knows how long that will take. If you are OK with a beta build, that is.

Windows is a beta OS.. up until the time they release an Update 1 or 2 (service pack X in the pre-8 days) for it!

Now where is that kool-aid...

dx12 is not out officially, until win 10 release

I'm going to estimate a 7 to 10% performance increase over previous windows when they take out all the development stubs for a release candidate.

leave my colorful unicorn alone!