Sign in to follow this  
brianbash

I'm stunned...

So I did the major move...Windows 10...and I brought my P3D with me...

I added 2 things to my usual uninstall/reinstall. I used Steve's DX10 Scenery fixer and that wonder AI Traffic Control program that limits the amount of AI in your area. It's absolutely opened up the sim for me, especially considering I'm on a Laptop with 3 monitors! 

I'm mid flight from KDCA to CYYZ right now and I just had to share!

PMDG 737 P3D

AS Next

REX Texture Direct

GE3PD Global

UTX V2.1      

P.S. - I've used ORBX plenty, this is actually the first time I didn't install any of it and stuck with strictly UTX and GEP3D...UTX/GEP3D blows it away in my opinion...

screen05.png

screen07.png

screen13.png

screen15.pngscreen15.png

screen14.png

screen18.png

screen19.png

screen20.png

I'll see if I can get some of the landing :)

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

I guess I could've left them larger...dangit! 

I haven't posted a screenshot since the 800x600 size limit days...if anyone remembers those days  B)

No worries though, I'll be flying and posting all day...may even take a video then write and record some backround music...

---Brian Bash---

Beautiful shots Brian!  The AI Air Traffic Manager is worth its weight in gold

Chris Sunseri

Love that first shot!

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I used Steve's DX10 Scenery fixer

You are using the dx10 fixer in p3d? I had no idea you could do that, nice shots btw!

You are using the dx10 fixer in p3d? I had no idea you could do that, nice shots btw!

Why would this be needed in P3D2?

Hah! Neither did I!

It was a  "Maybe this thing will do something to it"

It sharpened things up like Nicholson in The Shining!

---Brian Bash---

Hah! Neither did I!

It was a  "Maybe this thing will do something to it"

It sharpened things up like Nicholson in The Shining!

Not sure I understand this as win 10 is native directx12 and at least 11 being used can you elaborate what this is doing for you - thanks

Rich Sennett

Why would this be needed in P3D2?

Well, there's 2 ways to go, you can try it...or not.

I do know that in the drop down box of REX you pick the DirectX style of different textures. It's not all DirectX11, that's what made me think to try it.

I answered your question and gave a layout of my reinstall in the other thread. It seems like your questioning my actions. Maybe I'm just ignorant and got lucky. 

It doesn't matter though, I'm happy as a clam and will be posting shots all day. 

Not sure I understand this as win 10 is native directx12 and at least 11 being used can you elaborate what this is doing for you - thanks

I don't know guys...I'm a little busy enjoying it right now. Maybe I just got lucky. I described my most recent reinstall process in the P3D forum. I noticed a difference. I got excited. I posted on this website because it's the place I felt I could be excited. That's all.

I can GUARANTEE that I'm on Windows 10...I can't believe I just took a photo of my computer screen writing this message as proof. 

---Brian Bash---

I answered your question and gave a layout of my reinstall in the other thread. It seems like your questioning my actions

Not even slightly, if there is a benefit I want it!! I'm going to win10 as well, and if you say it works I'm going to give it a shot!

I'm just not sure if I should do a beta install or wait for rtm, I'm seriously considering the beta iso because I love an OS change! And hopefully the benefits that come with it. Don't worry, I'm not criticizing, I'm just as excited as you are to see what this new OS will bring!

I noticed a difference. I got excited. I posted on this website because it's the place I felt I could be excited. That's all.

Well, there's 2 ways to go, you can try it...or not.

Still confused as in rex4 you have dx10 for water and dx11 for the other two settings - link to lm forum would be nice as I dont see it there - and what is the benefit exactly ?

Rich Sennett

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningCenter/getting_started/performance/tuning_guide.html

I found it just by typing "Prepar3d.cfg" into google. Top hit.

All I can tell you is stuff looks better than I've ever seen it look. Yay. I opened DX10 fixer and went through everything that wasn't grayed out and just hit "yup" or whatever. I changed the water shine a tiny bit buts thats it.

---Brian Bash---

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningCenter/getting_started/performance/tuning_guide.html

I found it just by typing "Prepar3d.cfg" into google. Top hit.

All I can tell you is stuff looks better than I've ever seen it look. Yay. I opened DX10 fixer and went through everything that wasn't grayed out and just hit "yup" or whatever. I changed the water shine a tiny bit buts thats it.

Thanks I thought you meant a post You made in lm forums on this subject thats the post I was looking for - stuff looks better ? you talking about AA - colors ? thanks for the heads up may try as I am bout ready to do a new install anyway - still crashing to desktop on changing to another aircraft - cant figure it out since loading WIN 10

Rich Sennett

cant figure it out since loading WIN 10

Are you using win10 exclusively? How is your experience so far?