Sign in to follow this  
brianbash

I'm stunned...

Are you using win10 exclusively? How is your experience so far?

Seems the same as win7 - p3d seems smoother but having issues with changing aircraft it just shuts down I think I have to do a new install - not a win 10 issue I dont think - oh well report back after I do that - tried Steves scenery fixer why not - doesnt hurt anything maybe a bit better graphically and smoother experience but other than that not having spent more than 5 mins with it seems interesting

Rich Sennett

Seems the same as win7 - p3d seems smoother but having issues with changing aircraft it just shuts down I think I have to do a new install - not a win 10 issue I dont think - oh well report back after I do that - tried Steves scenery fixer why not - doesnt hurt anything maybe a bit better graphically and smoother experience but other than that not having spent more than 5 mins with it seems interesting

Thanks for the info, this is getting fun! Trying the fixer after touchdown in halifax.

Anyone have any thoughts about dx12 and what it may or may not be doing in these win 10 beta builds? It seems to me that more people than not are seeing at least some p3d performance improvements but why is unclear. Is dx12 baked in to windows 10 yet, and if so, would p3d even be able to utilize it? I know next to nothing about directX, so if this sounds silly just let me know.

Anyone have any thoughts about dx12 and what it may or may not be doing in these win 10 beta builds? It seems to me that more people than not are seeing at least some p3d performance improvements but why is unclear. Is dx12 baked in to windows 10 yet, and if so, would p3d even be able to utilize it? I know next to nothing about directX, so if this sounds silly just let me know.

DX12 is in win 10 but P3D does not have the code to utilize it actually most if not all games right now cant use it - future stuff Buddy

Rich Sennett

future stuff Buddy

Damn, I hoped there was some obvious directX knowledge I didn't hear about. Stepping in the win10 pond tomorrow, wish me luck.

Damn, I hoped there was some obvious directX knowledge I didn't hear about. Stepping in the win10 pond tomorrow, wish me luck.

Good luck :) make sure you update your video driver for win 10 - first install of win 10 I didn't have a driver that was working after other updates it stayed in - the updates dont skip you will have to do each one individually and it takes a bit of time for each one but let it run and do its thing throughout the process - you should be fine - had to install sound drivers also - looking like a fresh install of P3D is in order also been messing back and forth with utx and ftx so not sure whats going on but going to do a fresh install this week

Rich Sennett

Awesome.

nebojsa