Sign in to follow this  
tonygoole

pmdg 737ngx new install problems

Hi all

i have recently bought a new hard drive. put windows 7 on. installed prepar3d v2.5.

used the trick download to enable me to install fsx files in to prepar3d.

i installed my pmdg 737 ngx software but it did not ask me for the security key. once loaded into p3d the aircraft is cold and dark, it does not do the 10 second countdown, and the switches are non operative its dead.

anyone help please.

"used the trick download to enable me to install fsx files in to prepar3d."

I do not know what this "trick" is.

Did you purchase the PMDG737 for P3D (licensed product) and use the PMDG installer?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi VONMAR

the trick download was a registry changer and a fsx file that you drop into p3d main folder and it tricks the installer in to thinking its going in to fsx, when really its p3d.

i purchased pmdg737 on disk format but its not the p3d version its the fsx version. i had it installed on my old hard drive and it worked perfectly in p3d. i just used the auto installer file on the disc to install it.

Hi VONMAR

the trick download was a registry changer and a fsx file that you drop into p3d main folder and it tricks the installer in to thinking its going in to fsx, when really its p3d.

i purchased pmdg737 on disk format but its not the p3d version its the fsx version. i had it installed on my old hard drive and it worked perfectly in p3d. i just used the auto installer file on the disc to install it.

You need to purchase the PMDG licensed product for use P3D.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Vonmar

thanks again.

it worked before, does that mean i have to buy the full software or just a new licence?

Installing an FSX-licensed NGX into P3D is against the EULA. Because of this (and other factors) we have taken steps to ensure that it doesn't work in P3D.

If you would like to use the NGX in P3D, you must purchase the NGX made specifically for that simulation environment. If you are curious as to why this is the case, see here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue

Kyle Rodgers