Sign in to follow this  
bjratchf

This will stump you...

A problem has cropped up on my P3D installation of the 737-

When I load the aircraft, even after loading the default F18, P3D's window resizes to small (and the window title changes to Loading PMDG 737), and then reverts back to the maximized size. The green countdown bar starts at 20, then the bar disappears... And normal sounds start after the loading time has passed (except, I don't see the countdown like I used to).

After everything is loaded, I find I've lost access to the add-on menu: FSUIPC, EZDOK, accufeel options can't be selected anymore, my hardware controls (which were connected through FSUIPC) aren't responsive, and I can't use my ezdok view controls. However- I CAN hear the EZDOK click sound when I try to pan- my view in P3D just doesn't change.

It's so bizarre- I don't even know where to start- except to say that a reinstall of the 737 hasn't cured the problem. 

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

It's so bizarre- I don't even know where to start- except to say that a reinstall of the 737 hasn't cured the problem. 

Yeah, I'd consider it a very rare circumstance that our software would mess with the ability to access P3D functions.

Kyle Rodgers

It could be the installation has messed up your dll.xml, as you get no addon menus.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

default is F22 in P3D.... Try a complete uninstall of the 737. re install it and see if that did anything. Make sure the entries are there in your .dll

I'll try another reinstall- this time I went into dll.xml and cleaned out anything pmdg related.

The only other addons in there were ASN, Accufeel, fscaptain, and the Q400 pro beta- which I hope isn't interfering in some way. 

@SteveW... Right? The funny thing is, the addon menu is there. I can click an see the dropdown and click on "FSUIPC," however the FSUIPC configuration window does not appear. Neither does anything else I select. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I would set up the dll.xml just to load FSUIPC and load a default plane, check that works first. Then add in the rest.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com