Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Trainz: New Era

jointed rails >>  I saw a bunch of impressive payware locos but no freeware at all

if you have a login, you will have access to the freeware, enough rolling stock to keep you busy for along time,

Got it

5 pages of freeware, and well done stuff

So is this version of Trainz compatible with all that or backward-compatible?

Backwards compatibility is high on our list of priorities.

Previously purchased DLC will be updated to be compatible with T:ANE and we are in the process of updating the Download Station with TS12

built-in content to increase the ease of importing content across.

There will be some content not 100% compatible at the start but we are working on adding additional support. There are 350,000+ assets with various scripts and other permutations and combinations that take time to resolve.. we're getting there

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

everything i own or freeware i have used from jointed rails worrks fine in trainz a new era, keep in mind the new trainz is dx11 and 64 bit, that will be good in the long run

64 bit sounds great

Having a change of attitude here: I may just get Trainz;NE especially since I am at home being careful to not aggravate  an onset of patella tendinitis from cycling uphill too rigorously

lol! I try everything. TS2015, Trainz.... whatever. I like the variety.  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think I will start with TrainSim2015 Summer Bundle has about 13 routes for 60 Cdn

Train Simulator 2015, Train Simulator: Amtrak Acela Express EMU Add-On, Train Simulator: DB BR 411 'ICE-T' EMU Add-On, Train Simulator: DB ICE 2 EMU Add-On, Train Simulator: East Coast Main Line London-Peterborough Route Add-On, Train Simulator: Hamburg-Hanover Route Add-On, Train Simulator: Isle of Wight Route Add-On, Train Simulator: Miami - West Palm Beach Route Add-On, Train Simulator: Munich - Garmisch-Partenkirchen Route Add-On, Train Simulator: NEC: New York-New Haven Route Add-On, Train Simulator: Pacific Surfliner® LA - San Diego Route, Train Simulator: The Riviera Line: Exeter-Paignton Route Add-On, Train Simulator: West Rhine: Cologne - Koblenz Route Add-On

and then wait and see

The only thing about trainsim 2015 though, is that the new one, TS2016, will not be compatible, and you will have to start all over again.

Devons rig

The only thing about trainsim 2015 though, is that the new one, TS2016, will not be compatible, and you will have to start all over again.

Not true

3 - I NEED TO BUY ALL MY DLC AGAIN

ED: Not at all. All of our locos and routes will work automatically in TS2016 in the same way they have always done.

Source: http://www.engine-driver.com/article/show/11449/top-ten-ts2016-myths

well i did pick up TS2015 and it does have nice graphics.

It does what I need, relaxing atmosphere, casual stuff

allen

Not true

3 - I NEED TO BUY ALL MY DLC AGAIN

ED: Not at all. All of our locos and routes will work automatically in TS2016 in the same way they have always done.

Source: http://www.engine-driver.com/article/show/11449/top-ten-ts2016-myths

Then they need to reconcile their talking heads cause this statement is pretty wobbly!  :lol:

http://www.engine-driver.com/article/show/4644/dovetail-games-begins-work-on-next-generation-train-simulator

When the UE4-based Train Simulator becomes a reality, what will happen to existing users’ older versions of Train Simulator? And what about the DLC they have purchased?

We are mindful that a lot of people in the community have built up some fantastic collections of locomotives and routes over the last few years and we're absolutely going to continue to support those products, and indeed create new content, for the current generation Train Simulator. I can say that we are looking at making the next generation Train Simulator an optional upgrade so you can continue to use the current generation product with all of your current add-ons, whether or not you choose to upgrade to the next generation. So, if you are concerned that your machine might not be up to handling Unreal Engine 4, don't worry.

Devons rig

That is not TS2016, that is the one after TS2016, which at this time has no name (as far as I know)

That is not TS2016, that is the one after TS2016, which at this time has no name (as far as I know)

Okay.... Perhaps I am mistaken, but I thought the next release (for 2016, announced in 2014) was going to be the one with the unreal engine. Now I am confused.

Devons rig

No, 2016 is whatever that is. The U4 engine is the announced but unnamed version after TS2016. It's a little confusing :)

No, 2016 is whatever that is. The U4 engine is the announced but unnamed version after TS2016. It's a little confusing :)

And strange that they would give Trainz a lead of a year or more free run on the nexgen bandwagon.

Devons rig