Sign in to follow this  
andresico

Problems installing MU-2

Hi, I just bought the MU-2

I have problems installing it to FSX-se.  I chooses the prepar3d installation path and it cant be changed manually.

I have P3Dv2.5 and FSX-se installed. I wanted to install first to FSX-SE and then later on maybe to P3D.

I have not installed the MU-2 in any of sims right now.

I have the Migration toll installed. I have made sure it was not active by enabling it, then disabling it and restarting the PC.

Please tell me what to do. 

Andrés

Just a follow up:

In order to test my system, I installed another FSX aircraft into FSX-SE.

There were absolutely no problems, the installer found the path to FSX-SE by itself.

This means that the Migration tool is NOT enabled and therefor is not causing the problems with the MU-2 install.

So, I opened the MU-2 installer and instead of checking FSX-SE I chosed FSX and then the installer found the path to FSX-SE itself.  (I don not have fsx box installed)

Is it safe for me to install the MU-2 into FSX-SE using the FSX box option?

Yes. Fsx-se is actually FSX but only if you dont have FSX boxed installed running side by side , which you dont.

If you follow the FSX-se path it leads to its FSX folder

FSX-SE\steamapps\common\FSX

you should be fine

ZORAN

I agree with Zoran, as long as you do not have both FSX and FSX-SE Installed you can install using the FSX option as long as it points to the right install path and it should unless there is Windows Registry change.  The FSX-SE install option is for people that have both FSX and SE installed so the installer looks for the correct location of SE but can also be used if you only have FSX-SE installed.

Mike

Well, thanks for your kind advices.

The AC installed perfectly well and after a short test, I didnt find any problems, but I have to study the manual a bit and do a proper start-up to know.
But first of all, I have to find out how to get rid of that horrible green tint on the sidewindows in the VC. I simply cant live with them. I knew they were there from start, but before purchasing, I read that from V1.6, there should be an option of removing them. I think my version, which i just downloaded from PCaviator is 1.7, so hopefully I can find a way of getting rid of them.

But first of all, I have to find out how to get rid of that horrible green tint on the sidewindows in the VC. I simply cant live with them.

Just click on the screw head on the windscreen pillar to turn them off