Sign in to follow this  
ad737

Setting ATC Frequencies for VATSIM

Im having trouble setting the radio frequency for ATC on the VATSIM network as the frequency only stays at 118.(and numbers)

How can i resolve this 

Where are you setting this? I presume on the central pedestal?

So you set the new frequency in standby, then click the button to send it over to active, yes?

It works in the same way as if you where offline. The only difference is you will hear a noise when setting a frequency to one active in Vatsim (well, vPilot does, I suspect other clients do as well)

yeah, but it doesn't go to say EGAA Approach is on and ask to set 128.5 it doesn't go to the number it usually is in the 118.??? 

Sorry I'm still confused. If EGAA Approach isn't online, then you can tune to it but nothing will happen.

So once you haave set 128.5 in the standby, clicked the button to send it to active, what happens then? Are you saying that when you click the button to make standby as active, it doesn't switch the frequencies? If so that's a PMDG issue

yeah, but it doesn't go to say EGAA Approach is on and ask to set 128.5 it doesn't go to the number it usually is in the 118.??? 

Are you saying that the freq only goes up to 118.xx?

Sounds like a NAV frequency.

IF that's not what you're saying, can you clarify what your problem is?

Stab in the dark, but it sounds to me as though you're only able to change the decimal part of the frequency. Is that correct?

If so, are you using the correct clickspots? I would hazard a guess that there is one clickspot to change the decimal and another to change the integer part of the frequency.

That does sound exactly like it. In which case, if it is, hate to be rude, but maybe learn to fly the plane before going on Vatsim..... :)

You're posting in the 737 forum, but I know on the 777 you also need to turn the radio transmitter on, otherwise it simulates them being 'off' by locking the radio to 118.00

I don't believe the 737 does this though.

Stab in the dark, but it sounds to me as though you're only able to change the decimal part of the frequency. Is that correct?

If so, are you using the correct clickspots? I would hazard a guess that there is one clickspot to change the decimal and another to change the integer part of the frequency.

This makes a lot more sense than my theory. Good job.