Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

So, Carenado is developing an F406

Having flown these for thousands of hours in Alaska, I'm really looking forward to this one. And yes - I have been talking to Carenado.

Dave Scalora

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Having flown these for thousands of hours in Alaska, I'm really looking forward to this one. And yes - I have been talking to Carenado.

I hope you're a beta tester and test the crap out of it then.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I honestly wasn't.  I did get the 404...nice and different airplane from anything else I have.  But, if it comes down between a Carenado twin and an A2A twin I have a feeling about which way I'd go.

I agree!

Unless someone can tell me otherwise, Bernt is doing all the Carenado FDE's - and they are very good imo.

I know he did the Skymaster awhile back and although it had a few bugs that probably should have been caught in beta (not related to the FDE) it was well received.  I still enjoy taking it for a spin when i feel the need.

RE Thomason Jr.

There is a reason why A2A only put out a few civilians a year..

Im hoping Carendos next release will be sub $15 so people can stop picking on them

ZORAN

Some people may complain about Carenado, but they release a lot of actually very compelling GA airplanes... Barring of course the Hawker. Their Citation Bravo was very good. I have always loved their C210 ever since it was first released for FS2004. The Navajo, C404 and now this!? I am so pumped! :D

so people can stop picking on them

Not going to happen.

Well, Carenado keeps cranking out new stuff, and don't make updates or patches for the ones they've already released. My last purchase from them was the PA46 Malibu. There won't be any more for me. I like the aircraft, flaws and all, but an update patch to address the problems would be nice. I'm not bashing them, just stating facts. I have sent emails to their website numerous times, and usually get ignored as best. Too bad the don't take care of what they have already have instead of making stuff for Xplane, Alabeo and so on. Oh well,guess that's enough "factual" bashing. Just my 2 cents worth.

the problems

With the Malibu? I never had any issues with it  :blink:

Well, Carenado keeps cranking out new stuff, and don't make updates or patches for the ones they've already released. My last purchase from them was the PA46 Malibu. There won't be any more for me. I like the aircraft, flaws and all, but an update patch to address the problems would be nice. I'm not bashing them, just stating facts. I have sent emails to their website numerous times, and usually get ignored as best. Too bad the don't take care of what they have already have instead of making stuff for Xplane, Alabeo and so on. Oh well,guess that's enough "factual" bashing. Just my 2 cents worth.

X-Plane is a different side of the operation, as it's handed over to someone who is highly familiar with X-plane design. Wouldn't make any difference on the FSX/P3D side of things.  As far as X-plane goes, Carenados are my favorites for GA.  I use RealAir & A2A for most of my FSX GA flying. I do consider Carenados, as a good painting. There is value just for that.