Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

So, Carenado is developing an F406

I did some looking this morning and found some flying information on it...

http://oddballpilot.com/2012/03/aircraft-walkthrough-cessna-f406-caravan-ii/

...unlike the Alabeo C404 which there is virtually nothing.  I *hate* guessing. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

A quick bit of modelling, stick a half-baked FDE in, out the door, and on to the next. I see its appeal for some, but they lost my interest years ago. A2A all the way for me. It takes longer to learn and master an A2A plane than it does to develop a Carenado/Alabeo one!

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Guest Mik75

Very cool! I really like the sleek look of this airplane! I'll probably have a very close look at it, once it's released! ;-)

Looks just like a conquest

tpewpb-6.png

Here we go again.

I understand the frustration.  A2A will probably be coming out with a high-performance or twin next so I'll probably be looking more toward that myself. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

They seem to do better with prop aircraft than jets, so this may not be so bad. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Every time Carenado releases a new aircraft or even says one is being developed the bashing starts...Maybe that is why they do not participate in the forums..

I remember flight sim on wire frames...look how far we have come..

Dave

They seem to do better with prop aircraft than jets, so this may not be so bad.

I haven't heard much bad with the latest two.  I have the C404 and it's good...flies well...has some bugs they need to address in a 1.2.  If they don't, though, I won't be getting another Carenado for a while.  They've been getting away with dropping products like a bad date for a while.  But, with other companies making GA planes, they are going to have to step up.

Gregg Seipp

A quick bit of modelling, stick a half-baked FDE in, out the door, and on to the next. I see its appeal for some, but they lost my interest years ago. A2A all the way for me. It takes longer to learn and master an A2A plane than it does to develop a Carenado/Alabeo one!

Unless someone can tell me otherwise, Bernt is doing all the Carenado FDE's - and they are very good imo.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Let's see if this one draws more than a "yawn" from me.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Unless someone can tell me otherwise, Bernt is doing all the Carenado FDE's - and they are very good imo.

In which case I apologise if I am misguided - my opinion was based on my prior experience with the C152, C182, C216, Cherokee and Saratoga all of which had their issues, and also some reviews I read of more recent releases. Hopefully they have come along since!

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

I understand the frustration.  A2A will probably be coming out with a high-performance or twin next so I'll probably be looking more toward that myself. 

I was afraid that some of the naysayers were going to pile on again. I bought the Navajo and really enjoy it.

Bill W

I was afraid that some of the naysayers were going to pile on again. I bought the Navajo and really enjoy it.

I honestly wasn't.  I did get the 404...nice and different airplane from anything else I have.  But, if it comes down between a Carenado twin and an A2A twin I have a feeling about which way I'd go.

Gregg Seipp