Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

SHE HAS ARRIVED - Flight Deck Solutions B737NG

I am enjoying this thread !

Please post more more pics !

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't trust the 'follow this topic' button so I'm posting here instead.

I've heard recent rumours that anyone called Mike who has been teasing us about a certain home sim build must post as many pictures (and videos!) as possible or else risk total and utter banishment from AVSIM...Don't shoot the messenger, it's just what I've heard!

;)

Nice one Neil, 

Oh. My. God.

Just when I think something is not possible, someone here proves me wrong.  I'll definitely want to see more shots when it's set up.

Hi,

Until PMDG supports sim builders, I'll be using the default 737 modified for sim-avionics.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the ballpark cost for a setup like this? I might be able to talk the future wife into it considering the cost of that big diamond ring she wanted and big wedding she wants :D

Hi,

It's over six figures.

That seems like a lot....Doesn't it? I mean $20,000 to $40,000 seems more like it. No?

Mike-

Congratulations on the new purchase- and "well done" for having the guys to take the plunge. 

If you had the chance to visit FDS, you probably saw our test rig set up for integration.  We are working on a software suite that will definitely allow you to run the whole flight deck.  I'll be looking forward to seeing how you like your setup once it is all in place.

Hi Robert,

I did have an opportunity to view the PMDG 747-8 on the FDS website, I am ecstatic to hear that PMDG will be supporting flight decks. If I'm not first in line to purchase your (737NG) suite when it's released, I will certainly be within the top 100 customers. :lol:

Hi Clément,

I am referring to total costs, this includes the following:

Also Note: The three Cannon projectors in-and-of-itself are $15,000.00. That would kill just about your entire 20k budget.

1.  B737NG PRO-MX 2.0 DSTD
2.  B737NG Modular Nose Section
3.  B737NG Interior Liner Package
4.  B737NG PRO-MX Overhead
5.  B737NG PRO-MX AFT. Overhead
6.  B737NG PRO-MX Pedestal
7.  B737NG Dual Rudder Pedals
8.  B737NG Steering Tiller
9.  B737NG Throttle Quad
10. B737NG Throttle Quad Stand
11. B737NG Map Lights
12. B737NG Lower Sidewall LCP
13. FDS Dimmer Controls
14. B737NG Dual Yoke & Floor Stand
15. Sim-Avionics DSTD+

16. B737 Seats (2) straight rail

17. B737 Sheep Skin Crew Seat Covers (2)

18. 3 - Canon REALiS WUX400ST Projectors

19. NatVIS Simulator Displays 4500mm Diameter 200* FOV

20. 3 - NatVIS Heavy-Duty Projector Mounts

21. 5 - Intel Core i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon Quad-Core 4.0GHz processors

22. 5 - AsusMaximus VII LGA 1150 Intel Z97 Motherboards

23. 4 - GeForce GTX TITAN Z Video Cards (I'll be using three Geforce 610's for Sim-Avionics DSTD+)

24. 5 - Sets of CORSAIR 16GB 240-Pin DDR3 2400 RAM memory

25. 4 - ENERMAX Platimax 1000W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Power Supply (Already have a 1300 watt Galaxy for the fifth computer)

26. 4 - Antec Twelve Hundred ATX Full Tower Computer Case (Already have one case)

27. 5 - Crucial BX100 2.5" 1TB SATA 6Gbps (SATA III) drives

28. 5 - Sony SATA 24X Burner Drive CD DVD Writer DVD+R DL

That seems like a lot....Doesn't it? I mean $20,000 to $40,000 seems more like it. No?

I am ready to book some sim time I am only in Orlando :)  Congrats cannot wait to see the completed setup.

JT

"The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."

Mike,

A lot of us will be living vicariously through you. Please keep the pictures and updates coming so we can ride along in the right seat.

Your going to luv those motherboards - excellent boards

Even if I had the money, I wouldnt know how to put all that stuff together.   Im always amazed at the engineering skill of the folks who do manage to build their own sims.

Even if I had the money, I wouldnt know how to put all that stuff together

If you had THE money, you'd have guys to do it for you! :wink:

I think you should send RSR the bill. It's all his fault! lol

Good grief.  This is definitely the post that trumps all other simming posts.  You definitely win :lol: .  

What a great project. Please keep us updated frequently on progress with the build.  Would be awesome if you could VLOG it on youtube.

Mike, I've just been reading about this - http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-expensive-home-flight-simulator-cockpit

Could you be the next challenger? ;)

I used to regularly check on Matthew Sheil's website as he posted updates but there has been nothing for a long time now. I guess he got to the state where it was complete. From memory he salvaged things from an airport graveyard (http://www.hyway.com.au/747/2000-shop.php). Here is the site, note it used to have issue with non-IE browsers, maybe that's fixed now http://www.hyway.com.au/747/747.php

This started in 1998 though, and I suspect you'd have to take inflation etc in to the mix of how it "only" cost £132,000.

Wow. Looks a lot cleaner than mine. I have to share mine with many others and it gets a lot of hard use....usually 10 sectors a day....Seriously, I'm impressed you have the balls to invest so much into only one aircraft, OK, two.. Depending on the Air Con panel it's either 6/700 or 8/900...

I just fly the things for a day job. I envy you.

Now that makes sense :) I thought you were just referring to FlightDeck Solution parts. Keep us posted on your project! 

Hard to believe one would spend that much money, to each his own, 

Hi,

I decided to spend this amount of cash on my simulator because I'm sick and on oxygen, been on O2 since 2010. Since I was forced into early retirement due to my illnesses; I was a 9/11 first responder back in 2001 and all the garbage I was breathing in at the time has taken its toll, I don't get out much during the summer months.

What better way to spend the day, in my sim... I no longer feel trapped in my home, nor do I want to go out. :lol:

Hi,

I decided to spend this amount of cash on my simulator because I'm sick and on oxygen, been on O2 since 2010. Since I was forced into early retirement due to my illnesses; I was a 9/11 first responder back in 2001 and all the garbage I was breathing in at the time has taken its toll, I don't get out much during the summer months.

What better way to spend the day, in my sim... I no longer feel trapped in my home, nor do I want to go out. :lol:

Sorry to hear that and thank you for your services during 9/11 :)