Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

SHE HAS ARRIVED - Flight Deck Solutions B737NG

Hi,

That's where Flight Deck Solutions comes in, Steve Cos of FDS will be in my home for about a week to get this lady off the ground. My hands get shaky every now and then, didn't want to ruin an expensive sim so I asked FDS to build everything Plug-N-Play... Not only did they build everything Plug-N-Play, Steve is going to help me build the sim. Guess I should say, I will be helping him. :lol:

This is just one of the reasons FDS is "MY" choice for hardware, I haven't seen this type of dedication and support for a hardware product in many, many years. Like you, I have to rely on the expertise of others, nothing wrong with that my friend. This way, when it's done, it will be done right.

Even if I had the money, I wouldnt know how to put all that stuff together.   Im always amazed at the engineering skill of the folks who do manage to build their own sims.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Robert,

I did have an opportunity to view the PMDG 747-8 on the FDS website, I am ecstatic to hear that PMDG will be supporting flight decks. If I'm not first in line to purchase your (737NG) suite when it's released, I will certainly be within the top 100 customers. :lol:

Hi Clément,

I am referring to total costs, this includes the following:

Also Note: The three Cannon projectors in-and-of-itself are $15,000.00. That would kill just about your entire 20k budget.

1.  B737NG PRO-MX 2.0 DSTD

2.  B737NG Modular Nose Section

3.  B737NG Interior Liner Package

4.  B737NG PRO-MX Overhead

5.  B737NG PRO-MX AFT. Overhead

6.  B737NG PRO-MX Pedestal

7.  B737NG Dual Rudder Pedals

8.  B737NG Steering Tiller

9.  B737NG Throttle Quad

10. B737NG Throttle Quad Stand

11. B737NG Map Lights

12. B737NG Lower Sidewall LCP

13. FDS Dimmer Controls

14. B737NG Dual Yoke & Floor Stand

15. Sim-Avionics DSTD+

16. B737 Seats (2) straight rail

17. B737 Sheep Skin Crew Seat Covers (2)

18. 3 - Canon REALiS WUX400ST Projectors

19. NatVIS Simulator Displays 4500mm Diameter 200* FOV

20. 3 - NatVIS Heavy-Duty Projector Mounts

21. 5 - Intel Core i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon Quad-Core 4.0GHz processors

22. 5 - AsusMaximus VII LGA 1150 Intel Z97 Motherboards

23. 4 - GeForce GTX TITAN Z Video Cards (I'll be using three Geforce 610's for Sim-Avionics DSTD+)

24. 5 - Sets of CORSAIR 16GB 240-Pin DDR3 2400 RAM memory

25. 4 - ENERMAX Platimax 1000W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Power Supply (Already have a 1300 watt Galaxy for the fifth computer)

26. 4 - Antec Twelve Hundred ATX Full Tower Computer Case (Already have one case)

27. 5 - Crucial BX100 2.5" 1TB SATA 6Gbps (SATA III) drives

28. 5 - Sony SATA 24X Burner Drive CD DVD Writer DVD+R DL

So let me understand this, Mike...this is going to be a static sim setup. There will be no hydraulics and motion creator chassis under the flight deck shell? You won't feel bank, climb or descent profiles?  This seems by your spec's to be a visual and tactile setup, but excluding inner-ear and spatial input, right?

Hi,

Yep static, unfortunately I don't have enough height (right now) in the garage... However, I will be building (adding a room) a sim room (hopefully, in the near future)... Depending on how high I'm allowed to go, I may be able to add motion when she moves to the sim room.

If not, this will have to do...

awww, shucks!

:lol:

So let me understand this, Mike...this is going to be a static sim setup. There will be no hydraulics and motion creator chassis under the flight deck shell? You won't feel bank, climb or descent profiles?  This seems by your spec's to be a visual and tactile setup, but excluding inner-ear and spatial input, right?

This actually brings up something I had been wondering about regarding this type of static sim setup.  Would it not cause some motion sickness issues since the visuals are not matching the inner ear signals?  I occasionally feel off-kilter just using a single monitor in a dark room during a turn!   

Congrats Mike, I am officially jealous and I hate you (j/k) LOL...The hardest aspect is to convince my better half.

Enjoy amigo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post pictures as you get it setup, I'd love to jumpseat over and have a few flights with you!

Hi,

It's over six figures.

WOW, why not buy real plane then :)

Because of Mike's illness he may not be able to pass the medical. Just speculating.

... plus it would be a very cheap 737 NG.

Ughhh

That's just super cool.

I always wanted a cessna but this looks a lot safer  :lol:

The best thread I've read in a while. Congratulations Mike!

JJ

Mike, congratulations. I think it's absolutely appropriate to invest what you want in something you enjoy so that you can still have access to the world of aviation despite your physical limitations. I think we're all insanely jealous and really hope you get every bit of enjoyment out of your new simpit that you can. Have fun, brother.

WOW! Mike

Enjoy your new toy! you definitely deserve it

David G

Wow, that is a great setup Mike. Wishing you good health and hours and hours of enjoyment :)

I am sure you have come across so many things in researching for your flight deck. Here is a link to control loading for yokes, if you have not seen it earlier. I am sure it will take your sim to a whole new level

http://www.flightsimulatorcenter.com/Product.aspx?lang=ENG&ID=116b36bf-6d6b-45ac-bcc5-81fd47ad3b02&CODE=390455

Cheers and happy landings,

DInshaw.

Hi,

Yep static, unfortunately I don't have enough height (right now) in the garage... However, I will be building (adding a room) a sim room (hopefully, in the near future)... Depending on how high I'm allowed to go, I may be able to add motion when she moves to the sim room.

Motion-in-cockpit...now THAT would be your complete simulator!   Have fun, Mike...!!!

Damn Mike, why not just purchase the real plane!? :rolleyes: I guess storage may be an issue.... :rolleyes:

Hi,

I wonder what the community would say if they found a Boeing in my driveway,  :lol:  they don't like boats parked in the driveway.

Hi,

I wonder what the community would say if they found a Boeing in my driveway,  :lol:  they don't like boats parked in the driveway.

Haha. I was going to say the only thing missing was a 737 fuselage.

Hi Guys,

The garage is all ready for Steve, he will be here tomorrow. :Party::yahoo:

And so it begins...

Hi Guys,

The garage is all ready for Steve, he will be here tomorrow. :Party::yahoo:

And so it begins...

MIke - Being you are in FL (as am I!), how do you plan to keep the garage cool??  I know what mine feels like at any given time of the day...or night!  Do you have it fitted with A/C??

MIke - Being you are in FL (as am I!), how do you plan to keep the garage cool??  I know what mine feels like at any given time of the day...or night!  Do you have it fitted with A/C??

If I recall I read he said he had AC as well as a portable AC unit.

For my garage I had my builder install central AC (separate unit) in my garage. I do not have my sim in the garage I have my cars (Camaros) so my friends and I enjoy the cars on the lift in the AC :)

I am up in Orlando and I can say without the AC my garage is in the 100's 80% of the day unless the AC is on. I am installing 4 fans in the garage to run 24/7 to keep it cooler. It seems this summer has been extra hot out more than usual and I have been in Orlando for 30 years.

Hi,

Double A/C in the garage. The build started today, will have pic's online soon.