Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

SHE HAS ARRIVED - Continued

Brilliant Mike, absolutely brilliant, wish you all the best with it!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

in my next life i hope to be a real commercial pilot

These two do not exclude each other.

Just look at Mike's case! :smile:

The garage will have central air as well as a portable unit. I'm also replacing the garage door for a hurricane / insulated door with four floor to ceiling braces. The garage door will no longer open, until the sim room is built... Then it gets moved to it's own room.

Just a thought  maybe you should have thought  of  building  a bunker underground , least this way it  will survive what ever things  are thrown at ya :P

After spending that sort of money, you need to seriously consider a 'Motion Platform'.

My thoughts exactly. That's the last factor to make it feel like a real cockpit.

Considering the expenses done so far, it wouldn't be a bank breaker I guess.

Amazing Mike, take all the time you want and make it as much of an enjoyable experience as possible.  Don't let anyone pressure you into doing anything too quickly.  Looking forward to seeing the vids when they are ready.

Robert

Question, 2nd pic down first post, please tell me the rudder pedals and MIP are not sitting in their final location.  Because if they are then only a 7ft tall guy will ever be able to fly it.  Other than that, looks great as FDS stuff is and always has been the best short of the real deal. ;)

Rob

Hi,

Everything is just set on top of the platform, nothing is in its final position. Waiting on Steve Cos from FDS to build this lovely lady, I needed to make room in the garage so I placed some items on the platform.

Unfortunately, my garage is only 8-1/2' tall... The sim is 7-1/2' plus the projectors mounted on the ceiling. I don't have room for a 6-DOF, so I will be installing two butt kickers, one for each seat.

Mike, is there a spouse that was ok with all this?!  Or is this being paid for from the insurance ;)

Hi,

My wife is Okay with this AND she wants to learn how to use the sim. :lol:  The cash for the sim was money saved since 2010, took five years to put this together, I'm finally nearing the completion of my flight deck.

Now you really got my envy. A great cockpit and and an even better wife and co-pilot!

I was expecting an answer like "She's off on a 3 week trip in the new car I thought I better buy her but doesn't know that she will have to park in the driveway when she gets back" :lol:

Ted

Ok, now you are just getting annoying :lol:

My wife will NEVER in a million years, like that idea.  Unless, you have a secret on influencing spouse's to love FS and it's hardware?!  You could make your money back real quick by writing that book! ;)

I can hardly wait to see the pics when it is done!  I am very envious!  If Steve would take my motorcycle for trade, I would do it! ^_^

Although.......we doing a home reno (that the wife wanted), so that should count as collateral for me?!! :lol:

Hi,

My wife wants to dress as a flight attendant for Halloween and wants me to go as a pilot. She is getting into it... :lol:

Well Mike, you are now officially my new hero!!  :lol:

Hi,

It's over six figures. She'll be running on 5 - I7 4790K processors with a sixth computer injecting ASN weather.

Did that price also include the bribe for the wife to let you take up the garage space?  Holy moly!

Holy Cow, Mike!! I love it! I know that you will enjoy the heck out of this big rig. 

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures as you get it all put together.

Hi,

My wife wants to dress as a flight attendant for Halloween and wants me to go as a pilot. She is getting into it... :lol:

You both going to join the mile high club?  :P

Nice Mike, I didn't know about FDS ... but I do now and will have to look them up.

Thanks for sharing, great to see this level of passion!

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, it is likely that you will know the Cos brothers' other business "Jetmax".

Martin,

Thanks for info, very interesting with current CAD exchange to US dollar their packages are very affordable ($11,500).  I like to fly a lot of different aircraft so I'd need to keep two separate cockpit experiences going ... one for 737 and one for general purpose AC.

Hmmm ... very tempting ... I have plans, but I've been holding out until I see a 64bit P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

The exchange rate probably saved me about $15K-$18K. I'm not worried about 64bit for the most part. Take away a Hires V/C like PMDG in place of hardware and I am once again able to run full flights.

Hi Mike

are you going to be running P3D or FSX?

P3D of course :) you wouldn't put a Volkswagen engine in a Ferrari 

Hi,

FSX has been off my computer the day Prepar3D was released, each update from L/M pulls P3D further and further away from FSX. I have no intention of using FSX again, IMO... P3D is "FAR" superior to FSX and has been for some time.